New board styles

If doesn't fit into any other category ....
cicciocb
Site Admin

New board styles

Post by cicciocb »

Hi All,
I recently updated the phpBB forum software to the latest version and took the opportunity to install some forum styles. I played around with them a bit and made a few small customizations, but I didn't want to impose a new look and feel on everyone. So, I left it up to the users to choose the one that suits them best.

You have the choice of different styles (the original one is called 'prosilver') available on the customization page in the 'User Control Panel.'
image.png
image.png
My favorite is "prosilver fr" in dark mode
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fernando Perez

Re: New board styles

Post by Fernando Perez »

All of them interesting. We will have to study which one we feel most comfortable with in everyday use. And which one is best suited for viewing on mobile phones.
I notice that in the scaffoldBB, outset and ColoredLight modes it does not offer the translate drop-down menu, which for me is essential.
Thank you.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

This has caused me cognitive dissonance.
It hints at some boredom, but that cannot be... and speaking of 'bee', the AI creature looks more like a cute honey bee than an angry 'vespa' - which I suppose is more friendly to newcomers. Vespa not as frightening as Fernando's scary avatar though, cos wouldn't want to get in her bad books.
Joking aside, thanks for the continued efforts in so many different directions Francesco, you are an amazing example to us all.
Fernando Perez

Post by Fernando Perez »

Robin, don't think I had forgotten your provocation, but revenge is a dish best served cold.
I guess he attacks my Mafalda because I see, with surprise, that this comic has been translated into French, Italian, Japanese, but not into English!
So I have found for you one of the few images in which the characters do not speak. This is "Guille", Mafalda's little brother, and Mafalda's mother.
Naturally, I thought of you when a program doesn't work for you and you wait for Cicciocb to solve it.

https://www.myrapidq.it/public/guille.jpg
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

I do not want to interfere :-)
... I am now a little disappointed, but also glad about your explanation, because I still mistakenly thought your avatar had a completely different reason ...

Don't the two look alike ??
Fernando Perez

Post by Fernando Perez »

They do not look alike. One has her nose between her eyes and the other under her eyes.
And in other things:
https://www.myrapidq.it/public/mafaldaGerman.jpg
But let's leave it, Cicciocb is going to be rightly angry. Let's talk about Annex....
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

I have chortled a few times at your avatar Fernando... I even called my animated impatient weather bug Fernando cos it seemed apt.
I also called an animated bug after Francesco, but it was quite a happy chappy, and since then he has adopted calm and serene avatar and forum mascot... which has probably helped reduce road rage considerably.

Actually your cartoon insult is quite valid, cos I am stuck finding a solution for a variable speed stepper circuit at the moment, and am hoping our magician may have an undocumented instruction which could help ... or some other magic spell.
Fernando Perez

Post by Fernando Perez »

Are you referring to controlling the speed of a stepper motor? I would also be interested. Why don't you open a new thread in whatever folder you think is appropriate?
Years ago I worked on a project that dealt with the issue of progressive acceleration and deceleration when starting and stopping the engine. Complicated, believe me.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Yep, stepper motor speed control, also speed-up and slow-down... [Local Link Removed for Guests]

If this happens, it will be easy to add a 'home' sensor, then I think it might not be too difficult for a PID control to keep max speed until starting a progressive controlled slow when in range of the home position. Bit off topic I suppose, but Annex capabilities are never irrelevant.