Is modbus TCP possible in next time?

Give it a try, it costs you nothing !
Helmut_number_one

Re: Is modbus TCP possible in next time?

Post by Helmut_number_one »

Yes
I have a house bus with CAN nodes, programmed in Mikroe PIC Basic, use Tasmota, ELV FHT's, MQTT devices anyway and i am an active hobbyist with Onewire, Enocean, Zigbee, Deconz etc. in the Symcon forum, enter Helmut there and see.
And what I really like is Pokeys57E and the integrated graphical programming called PoBlock.
see myhttps://helmutspokeysseite.wordpress.com/
Virtuinio IOT can Modbus, also.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Yep, you certainly are an active hobbyist, Helmut.
CiccioCB is a maestro who understandably prefers audience appreciation rather than wasting his efforts on empty houses, so you might want to let your other groups know how easily and usefully Annex might be integrated into their existing systems ... I have used Annex CAN bus and RJ45 cable ethernet and both worked great. CAN bus is very popular for easily and reliably connecting robotic functionality, and most distributed systems use it.
Modbus seems based on a serial protocol anyway, so I doubt it would take Francesco long to conquer it if there were enough people to appreciate it.
Perhaps ask them just to mention they are new users who are intrigued by what Helmut had to say about Annex, cos that will show the interest in modbus.
And the reverse is true of course, modbus could open the door for Annex users to be able to benefit from a whole range of new devices.
Helmut_number_one

The fact that Francesco made the CAN bus so easy to use deserves the electrical Nobel Prize.
My CAN house bus itself now requires much less energy than an ESP32 CAN bus node, so I'm not converting right away, but the ESP CAN bus is great.
But these little things and subtleties are also very good!!
But you also have to realize that there aren't that many electronics hobbyists anymore because these things like power supplies, amplifiers and other things are so cheap.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Yeah, not many people even know Ohms Law, let alone could read a resistor colour code... so those who can are members of an exclusive club.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

HI all,
I'm always open to integrate new features, the problem with the modbus is that I need to document myself on the protocol itself and find a reliable way to test it using simulated or real devices.

Do not forget that something that appears easy for the final user do not means that has been easy to implement; the most complicate part is to define how simplify it. :roll:
Helmut_number_one

the most complicate part is to define how simplify it.
yes
That's right, absolutely, so if you want me to send you a Pokeys57E, write me an email with your address.
I hope that you also enjoy the Pokeys module.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Thanks for the proposal but for the moment I'm working on another subject.
I'll put this subject in the improvements list.
Tinine

Post by Tinine »

Funny. At this point, I'm merely a lurker but I was thinking; is there anything that Annex32 doesn't do? Then it occurred to me..Ah-ha, no Modbus RTU or Modbus TCP.
If ever implemented, I would suggest the CRC be a low-level function because it would be quite slow in interpreted Basic.

https://modbus.org/
Helmut_number_one

Push
Modbus könnte Annex-Benutzern die Tür öffnen, um von einer ganzen Reihe neuer Geräte profitieren zu können.
Modbus could open the door for Annex users to benefit from a whole range of new devices.
It was nice to have Modbus in Annex RDS.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

:D It is still in the improvement list but not a priority.
Is a new subject for me so I need some time to learn before start .