Is modbus TCP possible in next time?

Give it a try, it costs you nothing !
cicciocb
Site Admin

Re: Is modbus TCP possible in next time?

Post by cicciocb »

sure, I think that modbus treat them just as addresses so should work
Helmut_number_one

Post by Helmut_number_one »

Despite the flicker, I'm happy with Modbus TCP, thank you
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

I'm happy for you but you can avoid the flicker simply refreshing the variable (and not clearing and rewriting the textbox). Annex has been built on that, the capacity to exchange the variables between HTML and the basic
Tony_A

Post by Tony_A »

Hello Francesco,

Do you have a serial RTU interface for the Modbus?

Since you already have the overall Modbus firmware implemented.
Would you be able to add Serial RTU interface as another option to existing TCP?

RS485 is only a hardware interface that can be provided by a chip like MAX485, see example below. Normal Serial Uart plus TX/RX control pin (RE/DE) would be needed from ESP32.
However, from my other personal experience. Timing of switching RE/DE pin is important after transmission.
Must make sure that ESP32 Uart Tx buffer is completely empty, that all Tx bytes have been transmitted before changing control pin from Transmission to receive. I don't know, if ESP32 IDF has low level Uart interrupts to indicate Uart Tx complete?

I think that RTU option would enhance/complete the Modbus option on Annex32 and would be welcome by other interested Annex32 users.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Yes, the code is already in the last version ( look at the change log). I experimented a little bit and is working but It is not yet ready to be published. I bought recently several modules RTU and some more are coming in next days so, yes, the RTU will be supported "off the shelf" with annex.
Tony_A

Post by Tony_A »

Thank you Francesco.

Is it possible to experiment with RTU implementation in version 1.52.9, before it is officially published?
Call it Beta assist testing.
If yes, what is the RTU CONNECT command and serial port initializing?

I have some modbus RTU slave devices that I can test.
Best Regards
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun May 05, 2024 11:01 am Thank you Francesco.

Is it possible to experiment with RTU implementation in version 1.52.9, before it is officially published?
Call it Beta assist testing.
If yes, what is the RTU CONNECT command and serial port initializing?

I have some modbus RTU slave devices that I can test.
Best Regards
Thank you for your proposal, but I've already found a working solution and have reached the limits of what I wanted to test. The commands are not fully available as they are partially embedded and not modifiable (just debug code). What I need now is to experiment with the connection of several elements on the same RS485 line. As I mentioned, I've purchased several modules for these experiments, and they should arrive in the next few weeks.