VGA

All about the VGA for the ESP32-S3
Electroguard

Re: VGA

Post by Electroguard »

Wow, Francesco.

That is a game-changer !

I need to get my head around this... I need a link for the same k/b you used please - is it wifi or bluetooth, cos it sure aint usb.

Wow again ... I've just noticed "Text written by the keyboard" on the vga screen. And if the cursor buttons allow menu selection it will be perfect.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

The keyboard is bluetooth but can also be wireless using its USB dongle that is connected with the esp32-s3.

It is ridiculously cheap, I payed 2.99€ but I bought another one with the backlight at 4.99€.

Go to aliexpress, click here
image.png
and select these
image.png
You need to choose 3 items, I suggest one of this
image.png
to connect the dongle with the ESP32-s3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fernando Perez

Post by Fernando Perez »

And what do I do now with the WiFi mouse that I was saving for this occasion?
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

:D

My intention was to integrate the PS/2 keyboard and mouse but I found much more practical to use the USB.
The USB keyboard and USB mouse work well but the wireless device I found is very practical because integrate both .
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Hah, you think YOU've got problems Fernando ... I have an anemometer in pieces which will probably now get binned, and a half-working stepper motor controller, and now gawd knows what direction my brain is going to be taking me.

Am also getting one of these keyboards, cos I've already got 5x N16R8 S3's for VGA use (only 3 flashed yet), so will be able to make use of a few k/b's

kb.jpg
Fernando Perez

Post by Fernando Perez »

Speaking of anemometers, have you considered setting up a homemade one, with two ultrasonic transducers if you only want to find out the speed of the wind and four if you also want to know the direction?
image.png
If you are interested, I will send you the full article. It's from 20 years ago, but old is beautiful.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Yes please for the ultrasonic article, it sounds quite interesting - do you want me to PM my email ?

...but old is beautiful.
My mirror does not agree.
Fernando Perez

Post by Fernando Perez »

Robin, I uploaded it to Mega. I will send you the link privately since, although it is from 2003, it is still a commercial article.

It is very long and only the part dedicated to the anemometer is of interest. And not the assembly itself, but the concept.

I think you could even unsolder the sensors from an HC-SR04 module and place them facing each other at 25/30 cm. away.
The difficulty will be to isolate them from the external elements.
Perhaps better are the ultrasonic sensors that current vehicles use for parking.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Thanks for doing that Fernando... and as it happens, I should actually have an unused set of car ultrasonic sensors somewhere.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

I've got a couple of different wifi K/B's on order, Francesco.
But presumably a wifi air-mouse should also work ? ... cos it looks handy as a convenient remote control for navigating S3-VGA on-screen menu's.

airmouse.jpg