Round display GC9A01

All that relates to the H/W
Helmut_number_one

Re: Round display GC9A01

Post by Helmut_number_one »

It doesn't help, I will use a new ESP32, then can i found out it is not the ESP32.
But i try it later, must @ work now
bugs

Post by bugs »

I usually find it is one of the quotation marks wrong when copied from web pages. A close look at them might show they slope differently.
Fernando Perez

Post by Fernando Perez »

Helmut, it will be easier to help you if you tell us the model of ESP32 you are using and the model of GC9A01 you connect it to.
Before you rule out your ESP32 module as bad, try the following:
- Disconnect anything connected to it.
- Connect it to your computer with a USB data cable and enter the page [Local Link Removed for Guests]
- Press the [Connect] button on the web page. On some ESP32 models you have to press and hold the small "BOOT" button on the module to allow connection. In others, no.
- Press the [Select Firmware] button and select the Firmware version you want to load from the drop-down list. Although there are already later versions, for our purposes we will choose 1.50.8 CAN_LFS.
- Press the [Set Config] button and fill in the Wi-Fi data of your router (Wifi Name and Wifi Password), data of the IP address that you want your module to have (IP Address, Subnet Mask and Gateway) and the Time Zone of his country.
- Check the "Write" box of ALL the options that the page now offers: partition table, firmware, boot_app0, bootloader, OTA and nvs. By checking all the boxes, I have managed to recover more than one ESP32 with problems.
- Press the [Program] button and wait until all processes are finished. Remember that on some models you have to hold down the BOOT button until it starts recording.
- Disconnect the USB cable and exit the web page.

If possible, mount the ESP32 on a breadboard. It is more reliable than connecting the ESP32 to the GC9A01 directly with female Dupont cables. Many times a malfunction is caused by poor contact.
Proceed very carefully to join the ESP32 with the GC9A01. If your model has an internal 5V to 3V3 voltage converter, you can power it at 5V. If not, be sure to connect it to 3V3.
I have used this configuration that works correctly for me:
image.png
You must enter this data on the Config page, [Advanced] button, as stated in my first message in this thread. Don't forget to press the red [Save] button and the green [Save] button or the settings will not be saved.
Check the wiring as many times as necessary to ensure that everything is correct.
Unplug and reconnect the power. The image of the Cicciocb wasp and the QR code should appear, without doing anything else and without loading any program, as in the image:

https://www.myrapidq.it/public/display.jpg

If not, don't bother testing programs because either the connections are bad or the modules are broken.
In any case, if you are just starting out, don't load a long and complicated program for testing. I advise you to simply try this:

Code: [Local Link Removed for Guests]

tft.init 2
tft.fill 0
tft.text.font 5
tft.text.draw "Hello", 130, 110
And play with the tft.init values from 0 to 3 to see the effect, font size and x,y positions of the text.

Remember that if you do not save the name of your program on the Config page, without forgetting the /, every time you turn on your module you will have to open the file, save it and run it.
And instead of reproducing code by hand, which will almost inevitably cause errors, you can use three different methods:
In the editor, press the [new empty document] button, change the name of /newfile.bas to whatever we want, go to the browser tab with the page of our forum where the list appears, press the Copy link, return to the editor , paste with the right mouse button and press the red [Save] button.
If we have the .bas file on our computer, we can use the traditional method of File Manager, Files Upload or in the latest versions of Annex32, simply click the "load a file from the local computer" icon that now appears in the Editor.

But (and here comes the best part), if what you have is a zip file, with all the elements of a project packaged (images, .bas files, character fonts, etc.) similar to the one I attached in my first message this thread, GC9A01.zip, just use the "ZIP FILES UPLOAD" option on the "File Manager" page to have everything you need loaded on your ESP32 in a moment. And in the right place.
One of the best improvements of the latest versions of Annex32, which, in my opinion, has gone unnoticed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Fernando Perez on Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Helmut_number_one

Post by Helmut_number_one »

Danke Fernando,
ich glaube ich habe meinen Fehler entdeckt, glaubte ich schon einmal,
wenn ich in der OPtion nicht Custom angewählt habe arbeitet das Display nicht.
Nur erklärt es nicht warum es Syntax Fehler gibt.
Der ist merkwürdig: Wenn ich das erste mal nach dem Flashen diese Zeile
TFT.init 0
tft.fill 0
schreibe, gibt es Syntax Fehler, viele male probiert.
Wenn ich dann den ESP stromlos mache und wieder einstecke,
das kann auch mal 2 oder 4 mal nötig sein, dann kommt ihr beschriebener QR-Code
und wenn ich dann speicher läuft das Modul.

Thanks Fernando,
I think I've discovered my mistake, I thought before, if I didn't select Custom in the option,
the display doesn't work.
It just doesn't explain why there are syntax errors.
This is strange: When I write this line: TFT.init 0 and tft.fill 0 for the first time after flashing

There are syntax errors, tried many times.
If I then de-energize the ESP and plug it back in, which may be necessary 2 or 4 times,
then the QR code described appears and when I save, the module runs.

Best regards and @all thankyou for your time