Introducing Annex Version 1.50.8 and New Websites for Updates and Flashing

The Annex CNN channel
efalken

Re: Introducing Annex Version 1.50.8 and New Websites for Updates and Flashing

Post by efalken »

Thanks so much for your quick response.
My fäult was the missing "," in the publish message:
Ret=mqtt.publish(topic$, payload$ *,* 1, 1)
But this is because of instructions in the Help-File:
MQTT.Publish(topic$, message$ [Qos], [retain])
which I obeyed....
Now it's working, but I have to reconnect MQTT-Explorer to show up.
I still have no autodetection in homeassistant, but that's something for another day.
Thanks again and happy Sunday.
Erhard
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Yes,
you are right, there is an error in the help (the missing ',' ).

I'll correct the help file.
Schallschutz

Post by Schallschutz »

Hello,

I would like to use the "ANNEXEPAPER for LILYGO T5 4.7" E-paper module" for various tasks.

Hence my question, is this already supported and if so which firmware file do I have to use for this? I have already looked in the help and used the search here in the forum. But I haven't found anything or have overlooked it.

Many thanks for an answer
Schallschutz
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:46 pm Hello,

I would like to use the "ANNEXEPAPER for LILYGO T5 4.7" E-paper module" for various tasks.

Hence my question, is this already supported and if so which firmware file do I have to use for this? I have already looked in the help and used the search here in the forum. But I haven't found anything or have overlooked it.

Many thanks for an answer
Schallschutz
Yes this module is supported by Annex32 Epaper but the process to flash this version is a little bit different and must be done in 2 steps.
1) First you must flash the module with any ESP32 version
2) As soon as the module is running, you can go in the config page and update the Epaper firmware using the OTA

I plan to implement a direct flash of this version directly in the online flasher soon
Schallschutz

Post by Schallschutz »

Hello,
Thank you very much for the quick reply. That sounds good. Then I will order the LILYGO Epaper module.
On 11.11.2023 there is an offer for just under 45 euros in the lilygo Official Store.
I already use Annex32 on other ESP32s and am very happy with it.
Greetings
Schallschutz
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Ive just updated the online flasher so that is now possible to flash the ESP32CAM and the ESP32 Epaper

Now the complete ESP family is covered
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lyizb

Post by lyizb »

I'm trying to flash the latest -- [Local Link Removed for Guests] -- to an ESP32 S2Mini with Annex firmware already present. I tried putting that URL in the OTA box, clicking save, clicking OTA, and then clicking the message button, but nothing ever happens.

I then flashed with the website, but did not get a response at my IP address (Note: I never have gotten the IP address to come up with an S2Mini--I always have to connect to 4.1, confirm that the information is right (it is), save and reboot--this has occurred with the half-dozen I've flashed).

I connected to 4.1, but didn't get the standard Config page--instead a recovery page. I copied in the URL and clicked to update, but got HTTP connection refused. I've tried multiple times.

Do I just try again later, or what?
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:27 pm I'm trying to flash the latest -- [Local Link Removed for Guests] -- to an ESP32 S2Mini with Annex firmware already present. I tried putting that URL in the OTA box, clicking save, clicking OTA, and then clicking the message button, but nothing ever happens.

I then flashed with the website, but did not get a response at my IP address (Note: I never have gotten the IP address to come up with an S2Mini--I always have to connect to 4.1, confirm that the information is right (it is), save and reboot--this has occurred with the half-dozen I've flashed).

I connected to 4.1, but didn't get the standard Config page--instead a recovery page. I copied in the URL and clicked to update, but got HTTP connection refused. I've tried multiple times.

Do I just try again later, or what?
You are trying to flash the esp32-s2 with the firmware for the esp32 :)
The version for this chip is not yet published.
lyizb

Post by lyizb »

Ah, I didn't scroll down far enough to see that there were separate S2 files (and didn't remember that I must have done so in the past).
ESP33 S2 files.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:58 pm Ah, I didn't scroll down far enough to see that there were separate S2 files (and didn't remember that I must have done so in the past).

ESP33 S2 files.jpg
Different chip mean different firmware :D