Introducing Annex Version 1.50.8 and New Websites for Updates and Flashing

The Annex CNN channel
PeterN

Re: Introducing Annex Version 1.50.8 and New Websites for Updates and Flashing

Post by PeterN »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:15 pm Thanks, but same result when GP0 pulled to ground (and kept there, or released). I'll just consider it a duff part. I have 4 working, and several more on order.

Thanks for this terrific firmware, and for your continuing efforts at improving it.
I had the same effect with one of a few ESP32S. Successfully used the java-based toolkit to flash an older version ... went back to the web based version ... and voila!

Maybe I just had a lucky day ;-)
lyizb

Post by lyizb »

I found a second ESP32 S2Mini, noticed that a button on it was labelled "0", and so held it down the whole time through the flashing process. That reported success, but the IP I had provided for it did not appear and did not respond to ping. I connected to it at 192.168.4.1 and everything in CONFIG looked appropriate. I saved that config and power cycled, but the IP did not appear. I again connected to 4.1, rechecked everything, power cycled again, and it still didn't appear at the provided IP.

I tried again with the original S2Mini, and by holding down the "0" button, was able to flash it. But had the same issue--I could connect to it on 4.1, but it did not appear at the IP I had provided for it. Is there something else I should be setting?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

try to use the [Local Link Removed for Guests] to see the messages in the console
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:55 pm That reported success, but the IP I had provided for it did not appear and did not respond to ping. I connected to it at 192.168.4.1 and everything in CONFIG looked appropriate. I saved that config and power cycled, but the IP did not appear. I again connected to 4.1, rechecked everything, power cycled again, and it still didn't appear at the provided
As you provided a fixed IP-Adr, your router may regard this as still used by an other mac-Address/device

I would test with an other IP or use dhcp
lyizb

Post by lyizb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:03 pmtry to use the [Local Link Removed for Guests] to see the messages in the console
This is what I get: Image

The multiple rows of dots are after power-cycling or pressing and releasing RST.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lyizb

Post by lyizb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:10 pmI would test with an other IP or use dhcp
How would I use DHCP? Leave IP address blank?
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:19 pm
[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:10 pmI would test with an other IP or use dhcp
How would I use DHCP? Leave IP address blank?
Yes
lyizb

Post by lyizb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:46 pm
[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:19 pmHow would I use DHCP? Leave IP address blank?
Yes
That worked--but I always use fixed IPs. Any idea why that wouldn't work (it did for the three ESP32 D1Minis)?

I was able to go into CONFIG for the DHCP address given, change it to the fixed IP I wanted, save it and restart. Then I had the desired fixed IP.

Strange.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:05 pm
[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:46 pm
[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:19 pmHow would I use DHCP? Leave IP address blank?
Yes
That worked--but I always use fixed IPs. Any idea why that wouldn't work (it did for the three ESP32 D1Minis)?

I was able to go into CONFIG for the DHCP address given, change it to the fixed IP I wanted, save it and restart. Then I had the desired fixed IP.

Strange.
Check if there are spaces before or after the IP address boxes.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Also compare the address of the newly assigned default gateway with what you previously specified.
The previous 192.168.2,99 default gateway (router) address is unusual (most routers are typically subnet.1)