i made it

If doesn't fit into any other category ....
RonS

i made it

Post by RonS »

A warm hello to everyone.. I'll give out a crate of beer...for everyone... after three days I've stumbled through the various versions and the struggle with the software is finally running PeterN Cam example. Thanks to all involved. !!! and especially Ciccio cb we know each other from the MicroMITE forum
My goal is to connect a surveillance camera (use an old camera housing with pan/tild) to a Picomite server and a standalone display (new with Pico W and the Waveshare module LCD 3.5 inch) shows everything in
my living room

hope google translate is doing a good job .. im from germany (60)
My recommendation is to select the camera module immediately when flashing :))) !!! that was the biggest problem, you can't see it until you understand the config - !!!

greetings Ron
Modules : 3xESP32-Cam MB (Chip"DM ESP32 S" ),AI-Thinker Audio Kit (ES8388), ESP32 Dev Kit with Display
RonS

Re: i made it

Post by RonS »

hmmm where is the donaton button ???
Modules : 3xESP32-Cam MB (Chip"DM ESP32 S" ),AI-Thinker Audio Kit (ES8388), ESP32 Dev Kit with Display
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

Hi Ron

welcome to the show and good luck with your projects ;-)

[Local Link Removed for Guests]
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

I'm happy that you've been able to get it working.

Welcome and do not hesitate to ask for help.
RonS

Post by RonS »

Thanks,

what's going on with the Annex RDS "Google sites" ? I can't find them anymore??
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:41 am Thanks,

what's going on with the Annex RDS "Google sites" ? I can't find them anymore??
The site has been deleted by Google because reached the end of life

However an automatic converted version is available here https://sites.google.com/view/annexwifi
RonS

Post by RonS »

Hello from Germany and many thanks again to the developer of annex basic -
I hesitated for a long time to use the esp, now I'm happy.
I used CHATGPT today for a programming problem and it works. I'm excited about this option. I'm a beginner when it comes to html -
20 years ago I used "Netobjects Fusion" and everything worked :) without HTML knowledge :)
since i've been here i've got a lot of new ideas but it takes time to learn everything
I just came across something new and wanted to share it

https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/xiaoesp32c3-chatgpt/

taking a small piece of artificial intelligence with you everywhere .. wouldn't that be something? or ? Well it's not the first thing , but I wanted to share the idea

have a nice evening
Ron
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Thanks for your post, Chatgpt is actually acting as a revolution, many people are using it to write programs for Arduino / python Probably it will be easier to ask Chatgpt to write our desired applications instead of using our brains to do that.

I tried it in several programming languages, and I must see that can be really useful.
RonS

Post by RonS »

Hello,
I've been working with annex basic for some time now and some things are already clear to me - (at the moment I'm only using the cam module)
while searching i came across a php script that could fulfill my ideas - but i haven't found out yet if annex basic is able to replace php script
the description is here .......how it should look like only with 4 displays:
https://www.instructables.com/ESP32-Video-Surveillance/

my question: can i achieve that with annex basic? if so I would be grateful for help

greets
PostScriptum :
It doesn't have to be the cat, I have a dog (JOKE :) )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

Hi Ron,

if the aim is just to show the video stream of the ESP-cam on the display of a second ESP32, then it is a buildin feature of ANNEX2 with a very few lines. It requires an ESPcam with ANNEX32 and a second ESP32 with a display attached and with a simple ANNEX-BASIC loop to fetch the frames

Take an look at [Local Link Removed for Guests]

Image / video reception from Annex
Annex includes the feature to receive the image from another module with AnnexCAM and show them on the TFT display.
This can be done using the function
Ret$ = TFT.CAMERA(url$ [,x ,y] [,scale])
where
url$ is the address of the camera
x and y represent the position where the image will be shown on the display
scale is a number that enable to scale down the image, useful to display an image with higher resolution than the display

‘scale’(optional) enable to scale the image (see next table)

For example, to receive a simple stream of images ( a video) from the camera with IP 192.168.1.13:
while 1
a$ = tft.camera$("http://192.168.1.13/picture")
wend