New version 1.49.2 to test before final release

Here you'll find the updated available
cicciocb
Site Admin

Re: New version 1.49.2 to test before final release

Post by cicciocb »

No, you are right, the bin 1.49.22 are with FFAT; you can check the message at the boot of the module in the serial console (should print FFAT or LITTLEFS)
RonS

Post by RonS »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:58 pm Hello to all
I am using the Toolkit 1.1 beta and trying to flash an ordinary ESP32pico D4 ATOM lite with the yellow button "Firmware + OTA + Data".
Although I set the correct SSID and password in the form that then follows (and I can see it set that way in config.ini), the WIFI settings seem to be ignored. It does not attempt to log in as a WIFI client, and the module immediately boots in AP mode.

I don't recall anyone mentioning this before. Can anyone confirm this?
I also noticed something like that, but I'm not sure if I didn't do something wrong somewhere - filling in the "station" parameters is also ignored or nothing works anymore - or I have entered something wrong.. you never know :))
to prevent insights into the then unprotected network part I have activated the "Protection Mode" which works - with the cams I have not noticed this yet but with my ES32-NodeMcu with connected display

happy Easter
Ron
Modules : 3xESP32-Cam MB (Chip"DM ESP32 S" ),AI-Thinker Audio Kit (ES8388), ESP32 Dev Kit with Display
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:29 pm I also noticed something like that, but I'm not sure if I didn't do something wrong somewhere - filling in the "station" parameters is also ignored or nothing works anymore - or I have entered something wrong.. you never know :))
to prevent insights into the then unprotected network part I have activated the "Protection Mode" which works - with the cams I have not noticed this yet but with my ES32-NodeMcu with connected display
happy Easter
Ron
Hi Ron,
I used station mode for a test with no problems. In my experience, the subnet_mask is a mystery to many people and a very likely failure point (255.255.255.0 fits most 192.168.x.y home networks)
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

Hello Francesco,
a question about PIN MAPPING under /config/advanced:
Does the remapping of the SPI pins also affect the MAX7219 dot matrix display commands?
On a M5Stack ATOM lite or Stamp Pico I did not manage to remap the pins for the MAXSCROLL.XXXX commands.
I haven't investigated this very deeply - could also be a pullup resistor issue (?)
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:38 am Hello Francesco,
a question about PIN MAPPING under /config/advanced:
Does the remapping of the SPI pins also affect the MAX7219 dot matrix display commands?
On a M5Stack ATOM lite or Stamp Pico I did not manage to remap the pins for the MAXSCROLL.XXXX commands.
I haven't investigated this very deeply - could also be a pullup resistor issue (?)
Yes, this should be the case.
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:09 pm
Yes, this should be the case.
Thanks, I will now try again with a different focus.
tiff

Post by tiff »

Hi, i'm new to annex and i'm mostly interested in ESP32-Cam so there is the question, is somewhere the cam XClock exposed?
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:51 pm Hi, i'm new to annex and i'm mostly interested in ESP32-Cam so there is the question, is somewhere the cam XClock exposed?
No,the value is fixed internally and cannot be changed.
If I remember well I experienced very little impact into changing the value
tiff

Post by tiff »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:45 pm
[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:51 pm Hi, i'm new to annex and i'm mostly interested in ESP32-Cam so there is the question, is somewhere the cam XClock exposed?
No,the value is fixed internally and cannot be changed.
If I remember well I experienced very little impact into changing the value
Hmm, that depends on what you expect.

Fast XClock is neccessary if you want high frame rates in bright environment. In low light conditions you want lower XClock because the longer the time the more photons can hit the sensor and no need turning amplification to high and earning more noise from that but with the draw back of less frames per second.

That does not work well on all boards i have but on some i can go up to 24MHz.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Interesting, I never explored in that domain.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try to implement the feature