New version 1.49.2 to test before final release

Here you'll find the updated available
cicciocb
Site Admin

Re: New version 1.49.2 to test before final release

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:21 pm One again, amazing!

Was this - "Fixed the touch that stuck as soon as the sound starts" - related to the issue I flagged up with streaming a couple of days ago?
If so, I'm still getting the same issue (TOUCH becoming unresponsive when STREAM starts) with 1.49.2 NoBLE.
No, this is related to the TFT touchscreen
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:57 pm AnnexCAM.bin still gives syntax error for Ret = CAMERA.STOP().
There are no updates for the ESP CAM
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:46 pm Have tried flashing C3 twice using QIO mode, but unfortunately the flashing still starts failing after 17%...

c3update.jpg
You should try at a lower speed or using windows or, definitively, your modules are buggy :roll:
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:06 pm I cicciocb, i try new version but the command ONSERIAL still does not work.

Fabrizio
What chip and version have you tested (i.e. esp32-s2 USB) ?
videobelu

Post by videobelu »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:53 am
[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:06 pm I cicciocb, i try new version but the command ONSERIAL still does not work.

Fabrizio
What chip and version have you tested (i.e. esp32-s2 USB) ?
I answer on Italian forum

Fabrizio
Fabrizio Bellini
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:40 am
[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:46 pm Have tried flashing C3 twice using QIO mode, but unfortunately the flashing still starts failing after 17%...

c3update.jpg
You should try at a lower speed or using windows or, definitively, your modules are buggy :roll:
Have you tried with another cable ?
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

This last version 1.49.2 of QIO C3 is actually the same version of 1.49.2 that you previously sent me to test, which obviously explains why it is still fails flashing after 17% as before, cos it is still the same firmware.
But yes, I tried using a different cable, and dropping the baud rate right down, but this QIO 1.49.2 still always fails flashing at 17%.
And no, I don't think it is the module, because it does not fail flashing any of the firmwares other than QIO 1.49.2, everything else reports successful flashing but then keep continuously rebooting after.
Windows not an option at the moment, cos wife taken her win laptop to England during visit with our daughter while recovering from back operation.
Don't worry about it though, there are plenty of other alternatives if Annex32 cannot be made to work on the Lolin C3 Mini.
Jan Volk

Post by Jan Volk »

Today I made another attempt to get the latest tool V1.1 on my computer and I succeeded.
Get the annextoolkit_release-1.1.tar and extract it into a folder.
This file also unzipped until all folders are visible.
start win.bat and new tool is visible.
Now copy the latest .bin files to the build folder of the new tool.
Rename the latest .bin files and add _1.49.2
Later you can copy this again and change the name to flash the correct version.
For example, I have a complete list of all .bin versions in the build folder.
Prepare the latest ESP32-C3USB in the build folder.
Start the tool with win.bat. Icon can be changed in properties windows.
Now I can choose the right esp32c3usb and on my LILYGO T-PicoC3 module connect GP09 to GND and then reset/run. Place the USB-C plug correctly! (Green LED) or label the USB plug with ESP32 and RP2040.
Now choose the correct COM port and you can delete your module.
Then Read Module Info. Clear Log.
Choose USB, ESP32-C3, Flash Firmware Only.
After ok you can get the link from GP09 and reset/run.
Module boots in AP mode with 192.168.4.1
If successful, secure the connection with a Name and Password in Config at AP.
Save this and reconnect with a secure connection and now you can edit the rest in Config.
I only noticed when all this was successful that the Ap connection remained visible, so in Config at Ap mode Name and Pass removed and saved, after which it disappeared, but later again as an unsecured connection with mac address was visible after requesting 192.168.4.1
This disappears again, which is necessary to connect outside of my router and I have not noticed before. I don't know if this is normal if there is a good secured wifi connection?
So just to be sure, another AP Name and Passw. filled in for the viewers.
Suc6.

Jan
Jan Volk

Post by Jan Volk »

At Ap Name and Password and at router Name and Password re-entered and saved in Config and now no more strange things seen.
Nice day.

Jan
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Just to be clear Jan, there is the Lolin Pico C3 Mini (like you have) which does not have onboard serial so needs to be flashed in USB mode, and there is another Lolin Pico C3 Mini which does include onboard UART and serial TX, RX, and needs to be flashed serially as normal, but which fails.

I have both, and have successfully flashed a USB type without onboard serial.
But I have not been able to successfully flash the type with onboard serial.

Obviously if the onboard serial type was usable it could have offered benefits of onboard serial TX,RX and simplified auto-flashing without touching buttons, but as it is not usable so far then presumably others would wish to know so they can avoid wasting money on that type.