TM 1638 Display Board

If doesn't fit into any other category ....
Hendrix

TM 1638 Display Board

Post by Hendrix »

Hi,

I connected this board:
[Local Link Removed for Guests]

The 7-segments display and the LEDs work fine, only the buttons scanning doesn't.
Pressing S1 to S4 results in printing 1,2,4,8. The result of pressing S5 to S8 = 0.

Can anyone confirm the same or is my board faulty?

Henk
cicciocb
Site Admin

Re: TM 1638 Display Board

Post by cicciocb »

I found a module in my garage and tested it.
I confirm the same problem as you (even if I tested on an ESP32-S3).

I need to understand why ....
SteanX

Re: TM 1638 Display Board

Post by SteanX »

Just adding my comment here as opposed to the original thread detailing 1.49.2 in case anyone else finds it here?
CiccioCB was kind enough to fix this issue on Annex 1.49.2.
From that thread:
Yes, I had a chance to the TM1638 module I own and I found the same issue as you. With a little bit of patience, I found the problem in the driver and fixed it. :D
Ironically, the reason I thought this was a problem on my TM1638 board was because I have 2 of them. I try and buy things in duplicate when they are cheap enough, precisely because I never know if I am getting working stuff or not :-) Anyway, when I first got the no scan on the upper 4 buttons, I swapped it out and the 2nd TM1638 worked. Consistently. This on an older "classic" ESP32 dev board, running Annex32 BLE CAN 1.48.22. Bizarre, especially since I bought them together from the same supplier. I unfortunately have to add that maybe it was just me not paying attention and getting the problem on a C3 and then testing another board on the old ESP32. Guess I really need to clean up my desk (and memory) sometime :-)

Whatever the case, thanks for looking at it and fixing in 1.49.2.