New version 1.48.2 to test before final release

Here you'll find the updated available
Electroguard

Re: New version 1.48.2 to test before final release

Post by Electroguard »

Seen the "non success" of the Online Flasher, I finally decided to continue into the development of the AnnexToolkit to include the support for the new devices...
A new Annex Flasher for all devices could cure many of the current issues, and may even offer a chance to resolve some other issues, such as keep track of the different versions, and perhaps offer capability to cater for future device types simply by including new configuration files without needing to modify the actual Toolkit.
Some thoughts:
If firmware updates could include their version number in their name it could make things easier for everyone.
Updates could simply be copied into the Toolkit build folder without needing to rename or overwrite.
If the bin files were specifically named by version (and type), a dropdown list of device types could allow selecting the required device type, and a dropdown list of appropriate available bin files could allow selecting from any of the firmware versions available.
Additionally, all new published bin files could be accompanied by a corresponding changelog file, and perhaps even a corresponding offline Help file if one exists.
Perhaps even the features tabs might be replaced by a features dropdown list, allowing features to be added or changed simply by copying in appropriate files and modules without needing to modify the actual Toolkit app. So for example a new UDP or Serial Console feature might be added by copying in the appropriate new module that would be listed in the features list and could be launched in a popup window.
Is some food for thought anyway.

If CiccioCB can provide a new Toolkit capable of flashing all current devices it would be a major step forward for Annex, and potentially for everyone if the complication of installation can be avoided.

As Francesco is aware, I uploaded an initial test iso of AnnexMX several months ago, with the intention to provide a bootable linux with the cross-platform Toolkit already installed.
Over several weeks I added an IP scanner for seeing available wifi devices, plus much more that I considered to be worthwhile.
Didn't get round to uploading the evolving update, cos as it grew from just being a quick convenient bootable Annex flasher into more of an easy to use linux 'daily driver' suitable for absolute beginners, I started creating an accompanying mini series of video tutorials so that even absolute newbies could use all its features with confidence.

It was a big task (about a dozen videos done and more to do), and a moving target cos videos kept being outpaced by App and system updates.
Then it was made completely redundant as a bootable Annex Toolkit by the online flasher, causing me to ease off and wait to incorporate the new january MX version before publishing for 'Linux Newbies' on youtube and odysee.
I will still be doing that, but if and when CiccioCB releases a cross-platform Toolkit update I will pre-install it on an updated build of AnnexMX and post it up for anyone who wants it.

I tried uploading some of the videos for anyone who may be interested, but that aint a quick thing to do, so I'll try to add a few others in the next few days.
The first one (below) explains why and what, the second shows how to create and edit videos such as the AnnexMX mini series of tutorials, and 'Just-Chilling' is a resulting example guitar music video created during the second tutorial.

Intro: https://odysee.com/@Electroguard:d/bestlinux:4
Creating and editing videos: https://odysee.com/@Electroguard:d/VideoEditing:0
Just-Chilling music video: https://odysee.com/@Electroguard:d/Just-Chilling:9

EDIT: Getting Started: https://odysee.com/@Electroguard:d/gettingstarted:b
Odysee search for AnnexMX will find several others
Palm Liu

Post by Palm Liu »

Using ESP8266 on Annex RDS for over 2 years, it's my first time running ESP32 (LOLIN D32).
LOLIND32.png
My coming project is to:
1. Run ESP32 so as to test 1.48.21 :D
2. Interface a 3.2" LCD with touch sensor
3. Build a "Personal Computer" based on Annex RDS
4. So Annex system work as a standalone device with program editor built-in.
5. I will write a simple OS on it (or say a bootloader or file manager)
6. Use touch screen to do all the control
7. Of course, lead all I/O to a connector so as to "touch the outside world"
8. So similar to "Raspberry Pi", but at much lower making cost!!!
Raspberry Pi.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:22 am Using ESP8266 on Annex RDS for over 2 years, it's my first time running ESP32 (LOLIN D32).
LOLIND32.png
My coming project is to:
Raspberry Pi.png
Try to use a module with PSRAM and you'll have 4MB of additional memory :D
If this is not enough, try an ESP32-S3 with 8MB of RAM :roll:
Palm Liu

Post by Palm Liu »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:25 pm
[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:22 am Using ESP8266 on Annex RDS for over 2 years, it's my first time running ESP32 (LOLIN D32).

LOLIND32.png

My coming project is to:
Raspberry Pi.png
Try to use a module with PSRAM and you'll have 4MB of additional memory :D
I this is not enough, try an ESP32-S3 with 8MB of RAM :roll:
Thanks, I will setup the system first, then change a stronger ESP32 module. :D
bugs

Post by bugs »

Hi,

I have been working with a couple of ESP32-CAM boards (thanks to PeterN for publishing his routines).
Only tried version 1.48.22 but getting syntax error with a line "Ret = CAMERA.STOP()".
Also, if I succeed in pausing the camera, how do I start it again?
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:10 pm Hi,

I have been working with a couple of ESP32-CAM boards (thanks to PeterN for publishing his routines).
Only tried version 1.48.22 but getting syntax error with a line "Ret = CAMERA.STOP()".
Also, if I succeed in pausing the camera, how do I start it again?
Hi bugs
Not very sure ... but camera setup(7) should initialize with 800*600
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:18 pm Hi bugs
Right ... it should initialize with camera.setup(x) ... but it returns a "1" and doesn't wake up the camera nor set the resolution :-)

I have an other issue with camera.picture("filename") as this seems to save always a picture with 320*240
Palm Liu

Post by Palm Liu »

Testing 1.48.21 on LOLIN D32 with 3.2" Touch LCD

TFT.INIT 1
TOUCH.CALIB
TFT.FILL TFT.RGB(0, 0, 0)
ONTOUCH touchme
WAIT

touchme:
WLOG "t"
touch.read
TFT.CIRCLE TOUCH.X,TOUCH.Y,5,TFT.COLOR(RED),1
RETURN

Screen work properly, but the touch is not sensivtive, as I only have one Touch LCD on hand, so no way to tell if it is only my touch sensor problem!?!?
Anyone have try to screen touch?
Thanks!
TFT.jpg
I need to say again. Annex RDS is very easy to use, total settup time on prototype within 1 hour. When power up the unit, Annex icon say hello to me with QR Code "192.168.4.1" :D :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:49 pm
I need to say again. Annex RDS is very easy to use, total settup time on prototype within 1 hour. When power up the unit, Annex icon say hello to me with QR Code "192.168.4.1" :D :D :D
Sorry, I can't test the touch function ... but did you see that Francesco released Version 1.48.22 ?
rmsta

Post by rmsta »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:53 pm
[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:18 pm Hi bugs
Right ... it should initialize with camera.setup(x) ... but it returns a "1" and doesn't wake up the camera nor set the resolution :-)

I have an other issue with camera.picture("filename") as this seems to save always a picture with 320*240
I had the same issue on Sunday and could change the camera resultion by using a direct command: http://module_ip/cam_setpar?framesize=value
As I don´t want to change it by software, this was a sufficient solution for me.
Rainer