A new way to flash the modules

The Annex CNN channel
Jan Volk

Re: A new way to flash the modules

Post by Jan Volk »

Hi Francesco,

I also use MMBasic for the RP2040 and I've met you on the microcontroller forum (thebackshed.com).
But I'm just a beginner and already got some work done and the story there was indeed about this module. You could put the sample code there as they are only talking about AT code related to the communication between RP2040 and the ESP.
If I get stuck again I can consult the forum again. I do miss the Webside Annex Basic with many examples and tips which unfortunately is no longer updated and hope something else will take its place?
But I can well imagine that making various versions of Annex Basic and maintaining them takes a lot of time and therefore there is no more room for other projects?

Jan Volk
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

In fact I do not use mmbasic, It was just for testing the module that I installed it.
I just tested that the ESP32-C3 works and communicates correctly using the serial port with the RP2040.
As I don't have any particular use of this module, It started to accumulate dust as I already changed my subject.

Sorry but I won't waste any more time on that forum, they prefer to just venerate their own gods.
Jan Volk

Post by Jan Volk »

Hi Francesco,

True, there are some stubborn people among them. I just look there and get the latest firmware for MMBasic and have translated my own manual into Dutch with already 345 pages, but Annex32 Basic I have also translated with already 4 pdf files of 3MB each (Software, Hardware 1- 3) and also Annex Basic 3MB pdf(Software and Hardware).

Jan Volk
AndyGadget

Post by AndyGadget »

Francesco, have you applied the incremental fixes to the ESP32-CAM version AnnexCAM 1.47.2?
I've just tried the simple camera test program with the AnnexCam specific commands commented out and I get the error dump below.
If I include the AnnexCam commands I get a full core dump.
I did also see favicon.ico mentioned in another message I had previously which I think has been mentioned somewhere back up in the thread.
(I was just testing as I had a module to hand. Probably a better idea to get the main package sorted first and then update the others with the tweaks :) )

rst:0x1 (POWERON_RESET),boot:0x13 (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT)
configsip: 0, SPIWP:0xee
clk_drv:0x00,q_drv:0x00,d_drv:0x00,cs0_drv:0x00,hd_drv:0x00,wp_drv:0x00
mode:DIO, clock div:1
load:0x3fff0030,len:1344
load:0x40078000,len:13864
load:0x40080400,len:3608
entry 0x400805f0
Annex initializing...
PSRAM enabled
module Type 0 Display 255 SD_Card 0
OK
No SD cards found. Reverts to FFAT

AnnexCAM 1.47.2
(C) ciccioCB 2022
Personal use only, commercial use strictly prohibited

Chip revision 3 Freq 240
STARTING
Connecting to Darknet42
Connected to Darknet42
IP address: 10.10.10.254
esco subito 3
ws[/ws][1][1] connect
esco subito 3
esco subito 3
esco subito 3
esco subito 3
esco subito 3
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:02 pm Francesco, have you applied the incremental fixes to the ESP32-CAM version AnnexCAM 1.47.2?
I've just tried the simple camera test program with the AnnexCam specific commands commented out and I get the error dump below.
If I include the AnnexCam commands I get a full core dump.
I did also see favicon.ico mentioned in another message I had previously which I think has been mentioned somewhere back up in the thread.
(I was just testing as I had a module to hand. Probably a better idea to get the main package sorted first and then update the others with the tweaks :) )

rst:0x1 (POWERON_RESET),boot:0x13 (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT)
configsip: 0, SPIWP:0xee
clk_drv:0x00,q_drv:0x00,d_drv:0x00,cs0_drv:0x00,hd_drv:0x00,wp_drv:0x00
mode:DIO, clock div:1
load:0x3fff0030,len:1344
load:0x40078000,len:13864
load:0x40080400,len:3608
entry 0x400805f0
Annex initializing...
PSRAM enabled
module Type 0 Display 255 SD_Card 0
OK
No SD cards found. Reverts to FFAT

AnnexCAM 1.47.2
(C) ciccioCB 2022
Personal use only, commercial use strictly prohibited

Chip revision 3 Freq 240
STARTING
Connecting to Darknet42
Connected to Darknet42
IP address: 10.10.10.254
esco subito 3
ws[/ws][1][1] connect
esco subito 3
esco subito 3
esco subito 3
esco subito 3
esco subito 3
Hi Andy, I see that there are some testing comments inside, I need to recheck the cam again, I simply compiled but without testing. I was doing some work in the past, I fear I forgot to remove some debug stuff inside.
@t vW

Post by @t vW »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:47 pm Hi Francesco,

True, there are some stubborn people among them. I just look there and get the latest firmware for MMBasic and have translated my own manual into Dutch with already 345 pages, but Annex32 Basic I have also translated with already 4 pdf files of 3MB each (Software, Hardware 1- 3) and also Annex Basic 3MB pdf(Software and Hardware).
Jan Volk
Hallo Jan Volk,
Sorry to intervene here, in your message. But I (At van Wijk) am also Dutch, and like to contact you.
Wat vindt je van het idee om direct contact te maken, ik volg de ontwikkeling van Annex al een paar jaar.
Zoek nog even of er ook een personal message mogelijk is hier.
Ik verblijf in Amstelveen, waar zit jij? Interessant dat je een Dutch manual hebt gemaakt.
Ik heb een database gemaakt van Forum subjects. Groet, At.
Jan Volk

Post by Jan Volk »

Hi Van Wijk,

I see location Hoorn Noord Holland and Amstelveen is cycling quite far apart? :D
Fine, I deliberately kept the pdf files at 3MB so that they can be sent anywhere via email.
I live in a place in the Westland near The Hague and have been following the event from the beginning, then "Annex WiFi RDS" and there for "ESP8266 Basic".
How do we get in touch? Enter your email address and we can exchange something.

Jan Volk
Jan Volk

Post by Jan Volk »

Hi AtVanwijk,

I received your email on Saturday and immediately sent a reply.
So I think something went wrong somewhere. Was shipped well. Haven't been able to discover the personal mail option yet, but received your mail via cicciocb.
But can receive it and your mail in Dutch so mentioning your phone number is fine then I can call and see where it went wrong and exchange some information.

Jan Volk
Jan Volk

Post by Jan Volk »

Hi AtVanwijk,

I don't see any mail only notifictions 3x so something may be wrong.

Jan Volk
Jan Volk

Post by Jan Volk »

Francesco,

I am testing with the Annex32 firmware.
I find out that the firmware for the DS18B20 and DHT22 does not work correctly with Annex32 BLE CAN 1.47.2 and Annex32 CAN 1.47.2 the .bin version.
It works well with the Annex32 BLE CAN 1.44.2 version and Annex32 CAN 1.44.2 the .bin version.
Tested with Firefox and Chrome shows no differences.
Sorry for bad english is due to google translate.

Jan Volk