A new way to flash the modules

The Annex CNN channel
Jan Volk

Re: A new way to flash the modules

Post by Jan Volk »

Hi Francesco,

I only know about the existence of the version in cicciocb.com/FLASHER/
Is there another version and where can I find it?

Jan Volk
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

In the flasher you can choose the annex version or the annex with usb. You should flash the latter
Jan Volk

Post by Jan Volk »

Hi Francesco,

Thank you. I'm going to work on it. Possibly not noticed?

Jan Volk
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:57 pm Hi Francesco,

Thanks for the information and answering my questions.
I did some more tests in AP mode and almost everything seems to work. Save to folders tested and wlog test html test and print test.
Print test unfortunately does not appear to work and you have already described that in the previous post what is the cause of it not working. Test with Tera Term and Annex TK 1.22.
What Zim pointed out, using a serial network print can't work for me either because I work in AP mode and therefore no internet.
I found the schematic of my T-PicoC3 on github and indeed the module appears to have only an internal USB for ESP32-C3 and also an internal USB for RP2040.
That may also be the reason why modules with an ESP32-C3, ESP32-S2, ESP32-S3 with an external USB to UART Bridge are for sale to avoid the above problems?
I may also have some serial log traffic with the ESP32-C3 when flashing and after if there is interest?
Does anyone have experience that ESP32-C3 with internal USB and Version 1.47.2 also works in STA modes or with the ESP32-S2 or ESP32-S3 with internal USB?
I may need to change something in my router settings, but don't know what?
Note: In "Output Editor Config File Manager" in "Config" Ap mode I only filled in the Name and Pass and nothing else and after Save did not change in Network and Internet settings in Windows10. Am I doing something wrong?
But looking back a few versions and there it is. Maybe a router setting?

Jan Volk
Jan,
I re-tested again with an T-PICO C3, it flashes correctly the version Annex with USB serial.
I've put the module in flash mode shorting GPIO-9 to GND with the cable in 32-C3 position (green led ON)
image.png
This is what I can see in the WEB terminal after the reboot
image.png
The problem is that you probably need the USB cable selected for the PI side (blue led ON), this means that the ESP32-C3 serial port will not be accessible anymore as you'll use the one connected to the PI.

I just noticed that this can cause a problem as the ESP32-C3 do not works properly if the USB is not available (it looks that the PRINT command stucks the module). This means that you should definetively load the Annex "normal" version and simply forget the serial port

In this case this is the message that will be shown in the WEB terminal but the module will work properly
image.png
This is what you'll have in the web browser
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan Volk

Post by Jan Volk »

Hi Francesco,

Hooray it works. Indeed I did not have the USB with working and considered not and with the schematic it is now clear that I must have the USB.
The Print function now also works via Tera Term. Great job Francesco.

Only the program itself creates an ip address with the mac address in my range and unfortunately cannot be changed in config, so this address but not even entered in "IP(STA or AP mode)" at "IP address"?
Fortunately, this ip address is displayed via serial with Tera Term.
Now I can happily continue with testing. Thank you very much for the good help.

Jan Volk
Jan Volk

Post by Jan Volk »

Hi Francesco,

I can indeed confirm that the version ESP32-C3 with USB is unstable with a USB serial connection in combination with the Web server of Annex32 Basic.
The research you did and to ESP32-C3 with internal USB not to use the Annex version with USB, but the standard version works fine for me.
This configuration works fine with the other microcontroller (RP2040) and meets my plan with the T-PicoC3 module. Thanks for the information. :D

Jan Volk
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

I confirm that it works very well :D
IMG-20221028-WA0003.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan Volk

Post by Jan Volk »

Hi Francesco,

Looks very nice. What operating system is used for the RP2040?
I mainly work with various Basic languages. :D

Jan Volk
Jan Volk

Post by Jan Volk »

Hi Francesco,

A tip. Put a sticker on top and bottom USB-C plug with RP2040 and ESP32.

Jan Volk
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:06 pm Hi Francesco,

Looks very nice. What operating system is used for the RP2040?
I mainly work with various Basic languages. :D

Jan Volk
I tried arduino and the SDK for the RP2040 but this example is done with mmbasic