ESP32 deep sleep current

Recurrent H/W and software problems
lyizb

Re: ESP32 deep sleep current

Post by lyizb »

The circuit that I saw in that instructable was for a timed interrupt into the ATTiny MCU, not for powering it on by turning on a low-side mosfet. I'll investigate further.

How long is the on-time for the device? Long enough for the ESP32 to power up and turn on a diode-ORed input to the MOSFET gate, or is it just a short pulse which would somehow have to be stretched?

Alternatively, would a "wake from deep sleep" interrupt be all that is really required?
Zim

Post by Zim »

I would have the timer turn on a FET that powers the ESP. Then use the output pin on the ESP to trigger the timer to restart. Unless your esp is bare bones with no regulator or serial adapter, then deep sleep isn't too bad for draw
lyizb

Post by lyizb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:38 am I would have the timer turn on a FET that powers the ESP. Then use the output pin on the ESP to trigger the timer to restart.
That was my thought--but what is the nature of the output from the timer? Is it just a pulse, or is it "high until timer retriggered"?
Zim

Post by Zim »

output is normally high and goes low during the timeout.
I'd bet the output is maintained until timer is re-triggered.