Versión Annex32_CAN_1.51.7_LFS.bin

Here you'll find the updated available
Fernando Perez

Versión Annex32_CAN_1.51.7_LFS.bin

Post by Fernando Perez »

Francesco, I have a version with that name on my hard drive.
It is different, in size and HASH, from the 1.51.6_LFS that I also have.
Since I'm almost sure I didn't write it, :lol: :lol: what happened?
Did you remove it from the web installer and updates page for some reason?
cicciocb
Site Admin

Re: Versión Annex32_CAN_1.51.7_LFS.bin

Post by cicciocb »

All the version "not officially" released are beta and then can be modified or removed at any moment
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

Hello Francesco ,
Thank you for your tireless work on Annex!
On the one hand I am very pleased about the continuous development of Annex, but at the moment I am also very perplexed as to which Annex32 version I should use for projects and/or tests. In particular, I've lost track of which issues are expected/known/fixed in which version, etc.

I see that the change log has stopped at version 1.51.2, while the latest version on the server is already 1.51.7.

I know that it is time-consuming to make the development steps transparent. However, it doesn't seem very useful to me to find so many intermediate minor versions on the server if their differences initially only consist of the version number.
Perhaps you could involve us more in the process with a few words in the change log. At least I would then make more effort to give feedback on the recognizable changes.

Thanks again to you for this fantastic tool, which has accompanied me for another year in my hobby.

EDIT: I also forgot to thank all the Annex friends for their great contributions here in the forum. It's often a great source of inspiration, even if you just incorporate one or the other idea into your own projects without explicitly thanking.

I wish you and all Annex friends a Merry Christmas and hopefully happy holidays

Peter
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Hi Peter,
recently, since the introduction of the online flasher, I've put in place a workflow where each version that I compile is automatically uploaded; as this is basically a nice thing for my own needs, unfortunately this process generates a lot of "online version" that are simply development versions.

I'm going to remove these versions that are just oriented into solving issues or enable specific people to test specific issues.

As a general rule, the version that you must use is the one that has been "officially" announced in the forum so, in this case, the version 1.50.8 or the latest "documented" version (in this case the 1.51.2)
BeanieBots

Post by BeanieBots »

Could you not just add "beta" or similar to the firmware version name? Then it would be obvious at a glance.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:21 am Could you not just add "beta" or similar to the firmware version name? Then it would be obvious at a glance.
Good point .... the problem is that all the versions are beta
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

Thanks Francesco , for the new version 1.51.8, updated change log and new features ... especially ...

- Command WIFI.POWER value
- Included an error message ("BAD VALUE") in case of bad value given
- Implemented a new function to get the current WiFi power
- pow = WIFI.POWER