Module ESP32-2432S integrated with Annex

Here you'll find the updated available
botman

Re: Module ESP32-2432S integrated with Annex

Post by botman »

Here is a pic of some of the other dogs in my family appropriately named "3 dog night".
3 dog night.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
botman

Post by botman »

I have observed a couple of irregularities using Annex32 CAN 1.51.7 LFS on a CYD ESP32-2432S028 2.8 inch module. Both are related to the execution of the simple GUI example code copied from the Annex32 Help documentation (the one that creates two GUI items, a textline and a button).

The GUI example code does not run correctly on version 1.51.7 because, upon start the program, the screen displays the text line and the button as if the button was already pressed when it was not. The same code works correctly on version 1.48.22 .

Another irregularity occurs in both 1.51.7 and 1.48.22 versions of Annex32. After running the GUI example code and stopping it, if I load my menu program (like the one shown on the picture of the yellow robot dog), the text of the menu items, which is set in the program to be size 2, displays larger than size 2. If I stop the menu program and rerun it, the text still displays large. If I disconnect the power from the module and reconnect it and reload and run the menu program, the text displays properly as size 2.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Have a merry Christmas!
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Hi botman,
thanks for your feedback.

These are not bad news as this will enable me to fix the issues :D

I'll check and fix them.

Merry Christmas to you and all your family.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:31 am The GUI example code does not run correctly on version 1.51.7 because, upon start the program, the screen displays the text line and the button as if the button was already pressed when it was not. The same code works correctly on version 1.48.22 .
This is not a bug, simply remove (or comment) this line from the example that use the pin39 for the M5Stack

Code: [Local Link Removed for Guests]

interrupt 39, buttonclick 'if using M5stack can't click screen- so use left button
[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:31 am Another irregularity occurs in both 1.51.7 and 1.48.22 versions of Annex32. After running the GUI example code and stopping it, if I load my menu program (like the one shown on the picture of the yellow robot dog), the text of the menu items, which is set in the program to be size 2, displays larger than size 2. If I stop the menu program and rerun it, the text still displays large. If I disconnect the power from the module and reconnect it and reload and run the menu program, the text displays properly as size 2.
You must probably check in your program how you set the font because the demo starts with

tft.text.font 4
Probably you must put at the beginning of your program

tft.text.font 2
botman

Post by botman »

You are correct. Removing the interrupt 39 line fixed the first irregularity that I described. Thank you.

However, it did not change the second one. In both 1.51.7 and 1.48.22 , after running the GUI demo (with the interrupt 39 line deleted), when I load the menu program and run it, The font displays too large. Stopping and restarting the menu program gives the same result. Pressing the reset button and reloading and running the menu program, it displays the font correctly like it did when I cycled the power. The menu program has an explicit command to set the text size to 2 before printing to the TFT.
botman

Post by botman »

I found the problem. My mistake. In the menu program, I did not explicitly set the font; I just set the size. So it must have carried over the font selection from the GUI demo program. When I added the command TFT.TEXT.FONT 1 in addition to the existing command of TFT.TEXT.SIZE 2 that was already there, the menu program displayed correctly after the GUI demo was run. Thanks for responding. It prompted me to examine my code more closely.
botman

Post by botman »

I'm surprised that the 3 dog night picture got 270 views! :D
People must just like dogs or strange hobbies or both.
Last edited by botman on Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:43 am, edited 15 times in total.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Perhaps you should most up some video links of them in action.
botman

Post by botman »

I haven't made any recent videos, and I'm travelling right now, so I probably won't make some very soon. Here is a link to YellowDog in action a while ago before he got his M5stack backpack. At that time he was controlled with an ESP8266 running Annex with a WITmotion servo controller board. He currently runs a bit faster and talks and barks and does his autonomous wandering and mapping thing.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ra57H75w5vyZCmeL6
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

I like how you have trained him to both squat and cock a leg without making a mess on the carpet.
He's great, especially for esp8266.
Thanks for posting.