PCB for ESP32-S3 with VGA

All that relates to the H/W
Helmut_number_one

Re: PCB for ESP32-S3 with VGA

Post by Helmut_number_one »

Well, I also ordered your SMD board from JLB. Although I don't really like SMD boards. I could imagine that more users would order a file without SMD from JLB.
Best regards
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

You should have read on a bit further...
[Local Link Removed for Guests]

leads.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Helmut_number_one

Post by Helmut_number_one »

Reading further didn't show me a link to another Gerber-File or PCB-board, which would have been too late for me.
Last edited by Helmut_number_one on Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

I don't really like SMD boards. I could imagine that more users would order a file without SMD from JLB.
Too late for you, but is not too late to let other users know that cicciocb has already taken the time and trouble to create a non-SMD version they can order if they would prefer (which reminds me, I must order for myself).
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Do not seems to be a big interest about the PCBs, I suppose that the "already assembled" modules are the first option.
Anyway, for who is interested, I updated the project recently (but not ordered) so I can share it.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Given up on an assembled one so was going to order a batch of the through-hole boards anyway. but would be useful to know what the updates are ?

My own experience with JCLPCB is that 5 pcb''s with slow delivery cost less than a tenner, but ordering the same boards assembled with just a handful of SMA resistors and caps costs more like 40 to 50... so I will choose through-hole boards which I can easily populate and assemble for myself in future.

Was going to suggest a while ago about creating a shared Annex EasyEDA user for people to post their Annex-based pcbs to which anyone could download and order for themselves, perhaps after modifying to better suit their needs (and hopefully posting their version for benefit of others)... but as you say, there seems little PCB interest.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:05 pm Given up on an assembled one so was going to order a batch of the through-hole boards anyway. but would be useful to know what the updates are ?

My own experience with JCLPCB is that 5 pcb''s with slow delivery cost less than a tenner, but ordering the same boards assembled with just a handful of SMA resistors and caps costs more like 40 to 50... so I will choose through-hole boards which I can easily populate and assemble for myself in future.

Was going to suggest a while ago about creating a shared Annex EasyEDA user for people to post their Annex-based pcbs to which anyone could download and order for themselves, perhaps after modifying to better suit their needs (and hopefully posting their version for benefit of others)... but as you say, there seems little PCB interest.
Sorry, in fact I just discovered that I never published it :oops: .

So this is the link :
https://oshwlab.com/cicciocb/esp32-s3_c ... _copy_copy
https://easyeda.com/editor#project_id=b ... db7d2593b6
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

I don't know if you ever managed to resolve the intermittent SD problem on the 'earmarked' board, Francesco, so I was thinking of modifying your layout to use this module instead (hopefully should fit and be easier to solder) ... or was the SD problem because of its location ?

sd.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Yes, it works but using your adapter will be easier to assemble