VGA + VS1053B

Place your projects here
AndyGadget

Re: VGA + VS1053B

Post by AndyGadget »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:05 am You don't need a -S3, it will work also with the classic ESP32 (probably all the ESP32)
Ah, but I may have a go with the VGA too :D
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:22 am Ah, but I may have a go with the VGA too :D
Very good choice. I'm sure you'll enjoy with VGA and USB devices.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

I received the arduino shield version of the VS1053 today Francesco, plugged it into the 3.2v purple N16R8 arduino clone, and was pleased to discover the SD Reader works well.
Haven't tried the web radio audio yet cos is on the isolated subnet, but will see if it can play audio tracks from the SD tomorrow.
What I really want to eventually do is send audio from one Annex device to another, might that be possible ?
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:26 pm What I really want to eventually do is send audio from one Annex device to another, might that be possible ?
If you want do a kind of interphone, the audio recording is not supported
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

The more important use would be to transmit central Text To Speech audio to remote Annex devices.
The Sentry alarm audio output is fed into AV distribution boxes to send the audio out, which does work, but picks up a lot of background noise by the time it reaches the destinations, which each need to be individually wired.

I have a second TTS module fitted to an Annex receiver inside a remote amplified speaker as a backup speaking station, which is ideal - it receives text alerts and speaks them locally without needing noisy cabling.
But the English-speaking TTS modules are now too expensive to have them in all the remote stations, so an ability to transmit the central TTS audio to all stations would have been a handy solution.

Forgetting specifically about streaming audio from an Annex source if it cannot be done ... so is there a way for Annex to read large files by splitting them into smaller manageable chunks without needing to read in all the large file into a memory variable first ?

Edit: Forget I asked, cos I don't think Annex could manipulate unknown binary chunks anyway.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

You can use iobuffers

Code: [Local Link Removed for Guests]

FILE.READ_IOBUFF(buff_num), filename$ [, position, nb_of_bytes_to_read]
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

That's great, ta - I'll try reading mouthfuls of an mp3 and broadcasting them via UDP for remote receivers to play as mp3 chunks... is worth a try.