#Code samples: iBeacon Beacon NRF52810 BLE

Code tips and tricks for beginners
Oli

#Code samples: iBeacon Beacon NRF52810 BLE

Post by Oli »

This is a functioning demo, it is made very easy for better understanding.

i use a ESP32 C3 Annex32-C3 BLE CAN 1.50.8 qio LFS

There are these cheap devices for € 2,
With this program I can read continuously up to 3Hz,
From the reception strength in "-db" you can determine the distance, and triangular location also works well.
The "Beacon Simulator" app with a BLE 5 capable phone is very helpful. I use Samsung S9plus to see everything.

What unfortunately does not work is the determination of all cell phones, all apples and Samsung send min 70m their Mac code. (normal BLE works, however) you can build very well presence detectors that the boss see (or woman) Everyone carries their own bug with them. It is very interested Francesco! The app can see that, Annex is not yet.

Code: [Local Link Removed for Guests]

'0    {"count": 1,"Devices": [{"Name": "","Address": "e0:9d:13:e4:21:9d","RSSI": -82,"Manufacturer_data": "75004204010144e09d31a7219de29d13a7219c01000000000000"}]}

anf:

bluetooth.scan 1
pause 200

tmp$ = BLUETOOTH.SCANRESULT$
BLUETOOTH.CLEAR
kwhin$ = WORD.EXTRACT$(tmp$, "Name", "}]}")
if kwhin$ <> "" then wlog kwhin$

goto anf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Re: #Code samples: iBeacon Beacon NRF52810 BLE

Post by cicciocb »

Hello, I'm sorry but I don't really understood what you are saying.

You mean that annex do not detect all the phones ?

Could you clarify, please ?
Oli

Post by Oli »

All normal connections RX TX etc. can be seen and connected.
The "I am here, my name is" are broadcast by all new cell phones, can usually not be switched off, I have already seen 250m wide signals.
The idea came along because someone built an alarm system in the forest, every burglar has their cell phone and BLE says Hello.
The protocol is called "BLE Promiscuous Mode"

I can immediately see who of my neighbors at home.
In Berlin, the police use this to verify facial recognition.
So a long range Beacon, which everyone carries a transmitter and charges battery

https://esp32.com/viewtopic.php?t=580
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:34 am All normal connections RX TX etc. can be seen and connected.
The "I am here, my name is" are broadcast by all new cell phones, can usually not be switched off, I have already seen 250m wide signals.
The idea came along because someone built an alarm system in the forest, every burglar has their cell phone and BLE says Hello.
The protocol is called "BLE Promiscuous Mode"

I can immediately see who of my neighbors at home.
In Berlin, the police use this to verify facial recognition.
So a long range Beacon, which everyone carries a transmitter and charges battery

https://esp32.com/viewtopic.php?t=580
Yes but still I don't understand if you say if it works or not with Annex
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

I may off target, but Oli seems to be saying that the Annex implementation of BLE can read the promiscuous BLE headers (Big Brother Mesh data) of some phones, but not all.
So it can be used for fun to recognise who (what phones) is nearby, but it is not infallible cos some phones promiscuous headers are not picked up.
So I think the tags are a way of tracking different people in different locations, eg for presence detection in home automation.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:30 pm I may off target, but Oli seems to be saying that the Annex implementation of BLE can read the promiscuous BLE headers (Big Brother Mesh data) of some phones, but not all.
So it can be used for fun to recognise who (what phones) is nearby, but it is not infallible cos some phones promiscuous headers are not picked up.
So I think the tags are a way of tracking different people in different locations, eg for presence detection in home automation.
Thanks Robin, this is what I understood too but, in the first post, he shown this image
image.png
where some devices are recognized but without the name.
So I don't understand if he says that the devices are not recognized at all or just the name is missing.
It is probably a bad news for the personal privacy :roll: but can be a good way to determine the presence on site and activate/disactivate utilities (lights, Air Conditioning, ..) automatically.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

As far as I know, mesh tracking was deliberately made an integral part of 5G to prevent it being disabled, so that there is no privacy from big brother.
I seem to remember a professor somewhere having an RFID tag implanted under his skin in order to automatically control lights etc.
Hmm, I hope Prof Oli isn't surgically implanting those gizmos to keep tabs on the local 'promiscuous' hot-spots !
Oli

Post by Oli »

Maybe I don't have enough neighbors to measure at the moment :-)
All my cell phones are all clean and silent.
I thought the cell phone is sensitive, but the small C3 board has a better signal.
Another ESP32 much worse,

"","Address": "54:15:89:48:6e:71","RSSI": -81,"Manufacturer_data": "cb0e611f0193e4000018000000541589486e7100000000000000"
is a JBL PartyBox 710.

https://www.bluetooth.com/specification ... 5530904699
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

One important thing to consider is that, what the ESP32-C3 is "scanning" is the Bluetooth and not the 5G network.
In particular, the scan is done only on the BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and not on the classic Bluetooth.

Additionally, the -C3 (and the -S3 too) is able to work with BLE5; this is not the case for the classic ESP32 (the ESP32-S2 doesn't even support the BLE).

Maybe the "unseen" devices still use the classic Bluetooth.