28BYJ-48 stepper motor and ULN2003

Place code snippets and demo code here
Fernando Perez

Re: 28BYJ-48 stepper motor and ULN2003

Post by Fernando Perez »

Exactly, go ahead and post a thread on projects. The topic of astronomy and astrophotography has a good number of followers who can be potential users of Annex32.
And rest assured that your fellow forum members will provide you with ideas, advice and solutions as you need them.
I remember like it was yesterday (and I no longer remember the things I did yesterday), that last century I removed the lens from a Philips ToUcam PRO II camera and spent many hours playing with it.
And there are other hobbies in which we can help with Annex32: Aquarium hobby, old radio (I have a pair of YH11068A waiting to be part of a valve tester controlled by an ESP32), etc, etc.
PANNO

Post by PANNO »

If you wondered about the inside:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AndyGadget

Post by AndyGadget »

Finally had a chance to do some work on this . . . an update on the discussion above :-

That little stepper is a totally different beast if you reconfigure it as a 4-wire and drive it with an A4988 module; It's really quite good!
I've just made this horrible lash-up to try it out and happily running 16th stepping at 10KHz using PWM.TONE which gives 19RPM with a decent torque at the output. I'm running it around 130mA so gets warm but not hot. Certainly strong and controllable enough for the telescope focusser I'm building.
Stepper.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.