'include' libraries

Give it a try, it costs you nothing !
PeterN

Re: 'include' libraries

Post by PeterN »

As Beaniebots said: "Indeed, the journey can sometimes be more rewarding than the destination."

And I have to admit I love this destination, too. :-)
BeanieBots

Post by BeanieBots »

I use the "Advanced" check box to edit html files and then read them into a string and then use that to load the web page.
Saves all that faffing with A$ = A$ + "blah blah" and/or cut'n'paste into the handy tool in the toolbox.
Was going to do a post in tricks & tips about it but like many things these days, I forgot.
It works for me in that it does let you edit another file without losing what you currently have ready to run.
Fernando Perez

Post by Fernando Perez »

I think I've figured out how to do it:
- Open the Editor. Make sure the "Advanced" box is unchecked.
- Green button [Open] and load the program "/main.bas" in "File to Run".
- Mark "Advanced" box. Green button [Open] and load "File to Edit". the program "test1.bas".
- I make the necessary changes in the "test1.bas" program and press the red [Save] button. I uncheck the "Advanced" box.
- I check that only the "main.bas" program appears in the editor. Red button [Save], orange button [Run] and see the result in the output window.

From that moment on, we can switch between the two programs by checking and unchecking the "Advanced" box, always remembering to press the [Save] button on each screen.

Uuuffff!
BeanieBots

Post by BeanieBots »

Yes, it's all about getting the sequence of checkbox, load & save right.
Quite a useful feature when you get it right. Can easily lose your work if you get it wrong!
Fernando Perez

Post by Fernando Perez »

True, although bitter experiences have made me be more cautious and keep a backup from time to time.
Now the process is much easier thanks to the [Save a file to the local computer] button.
What if we ask Cicciocb if it can add automated backups? Well, he's probably not doing anything right now... :lol:
BeanieBots

Post by BeanieBots »

Yes, the save file to computer is a great bonus.
Not sure about automated backups. I usually find they overwrite a good file with a broken one when you're having a fiddle.
Besides, hopefully Cicciocb is busy working on something I tried to bribe him into doing ;)
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:46 am True, although bitter experiences have made me be more cautious and keep a backup from time to time.
Now the process is much easier thanks to the [Save a file to the local computer] button.
What if we ask Cicciocb if it can add automated backups? Well, he's probably not doing anything right now... :lol:
:D
As you can imagine I'm actually playing on several subjects, including a little CNC3018 that I bought recently (with very few results).
I'm currently continuing to play with the ESP32-S3, mainly on the USB, the VGA and discovering the RGB LCD.

After all, my passion is to discover and implement new stuff :lol:
Fernando Perez

Post by Fernando Perez »

I withdraw my request because I have achieved a fairly comfortable system and it prevents, as BeanieBots said in another thread, the automatic backup from overwriting the file that we did not want. update.
I'm sure many of you already knew it, but in case it helps someone.

I don't know about other browsers, because I only use Edge :::, but I have done this:
- Press "Settings" icon.
- "Downloads".
- "More options" icon.
- "Download settings".
- Activate "Ask me what to do with each download".
Now, when we save our Annex file by clicking the corresponding icon, we see:
image.png
And if we click on the [Save As] button (NOT on the drop-down menu for that button), we can save in the directory we want, with the name we choose and remember the location between sessions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.