Polling analisys

Give it a try, it costs you nothing !
cicciocb
Site Admin

Polling analisys

Post by cicciocb »

Thanks to all to give your feedback about the features that should be implemented or not.

From what I see, for the moment, the participation is still very limited and not significant.
However, I am currently trying to establish the condition that will help me determine whether the feature should be implemented or not.
I was thinking of using a reference point where the percentage of "YES" votes is greater than 70%, considering that there should be at least 50 responses to provide some level of consistency.

What is your point of view?
PeterN

Re: Polling analisys

Post by PeterN »

Hello Francesco,
give users some more time to respond over the weekend ...
but we are actually talking about your free time activity here. Therefore I am glad about your democratic approach, but I think that you should not evaluate and consider the feedbacks absolutely rigidly. There must certainly be a very large fun factor for you included, which may well influence the final priority.
A look into the past shows: Your hobby with probably great fun factor has also brought us a lot of fun.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:48 pm Hello Francesco,
give users some more time to respond over the weekend ...
but we are actually talking about your free time activity here. Therefore I am glad about your democratic approach, but I think that you should not evaluate and consider the feedbacks absolutely rigidly. There must certainly be a very large fun factor for you included, which may well influence the final priority.
A look into the past shows: Your hobby with probably great fun factor has also brought us a lot of fun.
Thanks Peter,
Certainly, I will wait to gather more feedback, and I will definitely analyze the results before making a decision on implementation.
However, at the same time, I want to encourage people to respond, knowing that they can express their opinions and that their "vote" will be taken into consideration.
BeanieBots

Post by BeanieBots »

I fully agree with PeterN. Firstly that you should wait quite a bit longer. I've noticed that several 'significant' users only visit once a week or so.
Secondly, that it is after all, YOUR hobby and that any poll results should only influence you to an extent that YOU are happy with. I don't think should apply hard and fast rules to any descision. It's just an indicator of what people are interested in and even STRONG interest from many users should only sway your descision if it something that you actually wish to persue. However, keep your mind open to bribary ;)
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

When someone requests a new feature, success should depend on its positive merit and/or popular support, not lack of interest or negative sabotage.
For instance, how many negative No's might have prevented S3-VGA from happening ... which would have benefited nothing and nobody.
And perhaps just one person may be prepared to fund something new which might eventually benefit many, so it doesn't have to be a popularity contest.

The only thing to impact a suggestion should be its own merit and popular support.
There could be different weight positive support options, so for instance 'YES, ABSOLUTELY' would count twice as much as 'OK, count me in within reason'.
No commitment would be needed from anyone yet, simply registering their support for the idea.

If the suggestion gathered enough popular support, or roused the interest of CiccioCB, he could check its feasibility and the cost to implement.
Dividing the cost by the weighted ('YES' * 2) + 'OK' votes would give an approximate yardstick of how much each supporter would need to contribute to make it happen. This could be posted on the voting page, allowing supporters to see how much has already been pledged, and how much more may be needed.
Eventually when enough supporters are able to share the required cost then the feature can be implemented, and anyone who fails to put their donation money where their mouth is should be shot, or shamed, or at least blacklisted from participating in future events.