formatting in help file code examples

Here we can discuss about the problem found
Zim

formatting in help file code examples

Post by Zim »

For some reason, copying some examples from help file changes punctuation.
Is it just me?
Thanks
Zim

Code: [Local Link Removed for Guests]

b$ = “yellow” : html led$(b$) ‘ draw a yellow led      'copied from help file

b$ = "yellow" : html led$(b$) ' draw a yellow led      ' this is what it should be?

bugs

Re: formatting in help file code examples

Post by bugs »

Not just you - it always messes with the quotes.
I shrug and blame HTML... :roll:
Electroguard

Re: formatting in help file code examples

Post by Electroguard »

A long time ago (espbasic days) I remember posting something like 'What looks like a duck and sounds like a duck might actually be a turkey' after discovering that copying and pasting double-quotes was causing errors.
It had me running round in circles for ages until eventually I carefully compared the pasted double-quotes side by side with double-quotes typed in by my keyboard and found that they were actually ever so slightly different... presumably because they were typed in from a different country keyboard.
I never understood how two almost identical but different double-quotes could be produced by presumably the same ascii code for double-quotes, but I was just happy to have found the cause even if I didn't understand the reason for it - cos at least it stopped me chasing wild geese (or ducks, or turkeys, or whatever they were) ... and it's simple to use the keyboard to over-type any copy-n-pasted double-quotes once I was aware of the problem.