Ecowitt /Weaatherunderground data import

Give it a try, it costs you nothing !
darkdestroyer

Ecowitt /Weaatherunderground data import

Post by darkdestroyer »

Hallo, allerseits,
hat schon einmal jemand den Import von Wetter Daten von GW1000 Dongle (http://www.foshk.com/Wifi_Weather_Station/GW1000.html programmiert? Der GW1000 dongle lässt ja die Definition eines "customized servers" zu, der zusätzlich zu den vorhandenen Möglichkeiten mit Daten nach dem ecowitt oder dem WU-Protokoll versorgt werden.

Die Idee ist, den ESP32 als "customized server" zu betreiben und nach entsprechender Daten Auswertung die Sonnenschutzrollos zu bedienen.
Welchen Ansatz könnte man da wählen?

Grüße
Peter

-------------------------

Hello, everyone,
has anyone ever programmed the import of weather data from GW1000 dongle (http://www.foshk.com/Wifi_Weather_Station/GW1000.html? The GW1000 dongle allows the definition of a "customized server", which can be supplied with data according to the ecowitt or WU protocol in addition to the existing possibilities.
The idea is to operate the ESP32 as a "customized server" and to operate the sun protection roller blinds after appropriate data evaluation.
Which approach could be chosen?

Greetings
Peter
cicciocb
Site Admin

Re: Ecowitt /Weaatherunderground data import

Post by cicciocb »

If your objective is simply operate the sun protection roller blinds using data coming from a weather server,
this can be achieved with few lines of code using a free account on openweathermap.org

You can also add any other sensors to Annex in addition to data coming from internet.
darkdestroyer

Post by darkdestroyer »

Yes, I know that I could use Openweather data. But the idea and the target of my thoughts is to use the local weather station... :P
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Is not really clear for me, do you have a local weather server?
The IP shown is your server (192.168.179.207)?

In this case, if your server answer to HTTP GET requests, returning a text file (maybe in json format), you can simply use the function WGET$
darkdestroyer

Post by darkdestroyer »

I'll try it so. But i'vo no expirience yet :-(
Regards
Peter