ESP32 WiFiMulti

Give it a try, it costs you nothing !
Electroguard

ESP32 WiFiMulti

Post by Electroguard »

This seems like a very useful capability:

"The ESP32 will connect to the Wi-Fi network with the strongest signal (RSSI) from a list of networks."
" If the connection is lost, it will connect to the next network on the list."

https://randomnerdtutorials.com/esp32-wifimulti/
https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/lib ... i_generic/
cicciocb
Site Admin

Re: ESP32 WiFiMulti

Post by cicciocb »

Why not ...
efalken

Post by efalken »

hi all,
just posted a working code ( look under: programming examples) for self-connecting to strongest network...
hope this works and helps...
greets
Erhard
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Yeah, thanks for that.
I was only pointing WifiMulti out cos it seemed like a potentially neat and presumably easy feature to add.

I was trying to get to sleep by thinking of possible uses, other than the obvious fall-back to a nearby backup router (I have 4 annex system routers with overlapping ranges).

Could be useful for home automation and control systems, cos a returning vehicle could automatically connect to its home wifi router and trigger some sort of welcome home automation, even if just turning lights on.

Or a device in a vehicle could log times that it came within range of wifi's on its list, and for how long, then perhaps automatically upload its log to the base system wifi when it came within range... perhaps as a delivery tracker.

In an RV, the wifi list could be dynamically updated from the passing SSIDs, and it could keep cycling through the changing list trying to ping a public IP address, which could show up if a wifi might be connected to without needing a password.

That's when I fell asleep.