Sockets on ESP32?

Give it a try, it costs you nothing !
AndyGadget

Sockets on ESP32?

Post by AndyGadget »

Francesco, some time ago we were trying to get a simple implentation of SOCKETs working as a variation of WGET and you decided this would have to be a separate command to be investigated in the future. Is SOCKET still a possibility?
cicciocb
Site Admin

Re: Sockets on ESP32?

Post by cicciocb »

HI Andy,
honestly I forgot this point.
Could you just help me to remember?
What is the goal?

Thanks
AndyGadget

Post by AndyGadget »

The original thread mentioning this is here : https://groups.google.com/g/annex_wifi_ ... 37LNBNBQAJ
I was trying to use a websocket for receiving data for my earthquake display but this method was not implented in Annex. You a sent me a couple of modified Annex versions to try based on wget which worked, but were not reliable so we dropped it at the time and I moved to wgetasync to retrieve the data.
Since that time, I think a couple of users have expressed and interest in websockets as an efficient way of reading data from other sensors and networks.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Ok,
if I understand the goal is to open a websocket connection and leave it open receiving data as soon as they are available.
Always hard to make it work with the memory limitations of the ESP8266 but should work with the ESP32