I2S Sink (Recording Support)

Give it a try, it costs you nothing !
SteanX

I2S Sink (Recording Support)

Post by SteanX »

I was wondering if you might consider adding I2S sink support to Annex32?
Basically, it would be fantastic to be able to hook up an I2S microphone like the INMP441 and have a command to record to filesystem?
Something like a command:

I2SRECORD (Channel,Filename,[duration])

Even nicer if one could determine the sound level and complete the recording based on a certain length of silence upon which an eventhandler like OnI2SRecordComplete could be called?

I don't know if Phil Schatzmann's library at https://github.com/pschatzmann/arduino-audio-tools might be of use?
Electroguard

Re: I2S Sink (Recording Support)

Post by Electroguard »

Hmm, perhaps it might help achieve something I've wanted to do for a while... create an Annex wifi intercom for multiple stations.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:31 pm I was wondering if you might consider adding I2S sink support to Annex32?
Basically, it would be fantastic to be able to hook up an I2S microphone like the INMP441 and have a command to record to filesystem?
Something like a command:

I2SRECORD (Channel,Filename,[duration])

Even nicer if one could determine the sound level and complete the recording based on a certain length of silence upon which an eventhandler like OnI2SRecordComplete could be called?

I don't know if Phil Schatzmann's library at https://github.com/pschatzmann/arduino-audio-tools might be of use?
I plan to buy some I2S microphones and play with it a little bit in the future but, for the moment, I'm playing with other stuff (in particular with the VS1053B and the HUB75 displays) so this is not yet considered.
I rapidly played in the past with the Phil Schatzmann's libraries but I found other alternatives for my needs.

If you are really motivated, you should try to play with the IDF SDK; there is a speech recognition feature there (ESP-SR).
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

I understand your timetable and priorities. If it were a question of the I2S-mic: Please take a look at the M5stack Atom Echo as it has a built-in mic SPM1423
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Thanks Peter.
SteanX

Post by SteanX »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:04 am Please take a look at the M5stack Atom Echo as it has a built-in mic SPM1423
Awesome, didn't realise something like this existed. Exactly what I need. Thanks for pointing out Peter!
SteanX

Post by SteanX »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:48 am I plan to buy some I2S microphones and play with it a little bit in the future but, for the moment, I'm playing with other stuff (in particular with the VS1053B and the HUB75 displays) so this is not yet considered.
Of course, it is just a suggestion. Always looking forward to seeing Annex with even more hardware support. I love displays too :-)
[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:48 am If you are really motivated, you should try to play with the IDF SDK; there is a speech recognition feature there (ESP-SR).
Thanks for the heads-up - will give it a bash. Cannot imagine the speech recognition is going to be able to do more than some phrase recognition, but ey, always nice to be surprised. Of course, once you've used Annex and are spoiled with rapid modifications, it's remarkable how annoying the recompile time can become when developing on the alternative IDE's :-)
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:12 am ... once you've used Annex and are spoiled with rapid modifications, it's remarkable how annoying the recompile time can become when developing on the alternative IDE's :-)
YES!
:D
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

I just remembered that I have one of these devices somewhere ...

PeterN

Post by PeterN »

I know! That was why I pointed at that nice little device :lol:
And not to forget: I also found one of these in my drawer. ;-)