T-Watch-2020

Place your projects here
oilaf

T-Watch-2020

Post by oilaf »

I actually got the T-Watch to work, but only with tricks. It is too complicated for me to program and set the AXP202 correctly, so I bridged the missing voltage for the display lighting with a 50 ohm resistor. The peripherals that are present in the clock would probably also have to be supplied via the AXP202. But the ESP32 and the UART work. Eight advantages are that the T-Watch has 13Mb of free memory. If there is someone who is familiar with the AXP202, that person could provide a program snippet that activates the necessary voltages and functions (ON-OFF, charging the battery), I can't.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PANNO

Re: T-Watch-2020

Post by PANNO »

Can you share your source ? And a pic from the
Resistor Bridge
oilaf

Post by oilaf »

You can get the schematic from Github https://github.com/Xinyuan-LilyGO/TTGO_TWatch_Library but I'm not sure which version I have. "LEDA" must be connected to "VDD3V3" via 47 ohms. The brightness can then be controlled with a PWM via IO12
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Interesting, in the version for the M5Tough I included the support for a power controller of the same family (the AXP192); I think that the AXP202 is very similar.
Unlikely this should (maybe I'm wrong) be available only when this version is selected in the config page.
Probably I can just export these functions for any configuration
oilaf

Post by oilaf »

It could have worked but unfortunately nothing arrives at pin 11 (AXP202). The wiring actually fits, except that the display lighting in the M5Tough is placed on a separate output of the AXP192. But since there is no voltage at pin 11 despite everything, I suspect that the AXP192 has a different I²C address and is therefore not responding or there are other registers.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:07 pm It could have worked but unfortunately nothing arrives at pin 11 (AXP202). The wiring actually fits, except that the display lighting in the M5Tough is placed on a separate output of the AXP192. But since there is no voltage at pin 11 despite everything, I suspect that the AXP192 has a different I²C address and is therefore not responding or there are other registers.
I'll try to include the support for these chips in the firmware
AnexCat

Post by AnexCat »

I am very interested in this.
I have two; one for me, one for my daughter and wish I could fully use it with Annex32 without mods.
Could be a very nice wearable controller :-)
Any indication when it might be supported?
Thank you.