Code Editor Cursor / Edit Position problem with Opera Browser.

Here we can discuss about the problem found
m1zar00

Code Editor Cursor / Edit Position problem with Opera Browser.

Post by m1zar00 »

I'm not sure about the source of the bug, but in the Opera Browser, (but works fine in Chrome and Edge), the editor cursor slowly drifts out of line with the actual line the characters are being entered on... I know, sounds odd, so I took a couple of screen shots. In the first, the cursor is on line 88 but the text is coming out between lines 85/86... weird eh? Stranger still the cyan cursor is on line 88, which matches the Position: Ln: 88, Ch 7...
And in the lower screen shot, you can see the further you go down the listing the worse the problem gets, in the top image the line is 3 lines back, in the lower screen shot the cursor is ~6/7 lines ahead of the line highlighted for cut/paste.
It seems the cursor is in the right place, and aligned for the indicated line number. But the cut/paste selection is on another line and this is also where the text appears. It's not the end of the world, as I can easily use another browser, but thought I would let you know in case it can be rectified in the browser support code. I've tried alternate fonts, and re-sizing to see if it fixes it, but didn't appear to.
bug.png

UPDATE: This actually can occur with ANY browser, and is caused if you have any ZOOM applied to the page. I found the Opera browser had defaulted to 110% zoom and this seems to affect the Line Numbers/Cursor vs Text window. I was able to replicate the effect on Chrome, Edge browsers as well, if you set zoom to 110%... the editor / cursor and line number alignment goes all wonky.

So, in some respects it's solved, but I'm leaving this in, as this is the only time I've seen this issue. And half the editor seems to be zoom aware, but some other parts less so. I'm really happy that I can easily fix it by removing any zoom. This might just help someone else out at some point!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by m1zar00 on Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Electroguard

Re: Code Editor Cursor / Edit Position problem with Opera Browser.

Post by Electroguard »

It's obviously something that is browser-specific, rather than Annex, so try using Control + and - to remove any browser magnification, and adjust your font size using the font-size drop-down from the editor toolbar.

EDIT: just seen your update also.
m1zar00

Re: Code Editor Cursor / Edit Position problem with Opera Browser.

Post by m1zar00 »

Thanks Electroguard, just figured that out, it seems like the Line Numbers and the editor text window have different ideas about zoom. Though, the main thing is I can get it working properly. It was really hard to edit things when the text was going other than where the cursor was! :?