New multi version to test 1.43.4

Here you'll find the updated available
cicciocb
Site Admin

Re: New multi version to test 1.43.4

Post by cicciocb »

Hi all,
nobody else tested this release ?

I am a little disappointed that very few people are interested in this version.
I wonder if it's worth it to continue to support this release (in particular for linux) given the little interest shown.

cicciocb
videobelu

Post by videobelu »

Thanks cicciocb for the new version. I only use windows and the only thing I have done at the moment is to update
my two modules on which I am doing tests via OTA because from time to time I still have problems not yet clear.
Probably the summer period means that many are on vacation and maybe they follow the forum less
If you need to do some tests let me know, as long as I am able .... rather write on the Italian forum.
For now, as always, thank you for your work
Fabrizio Bellini
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

Hi Francesco,

I am a fan of LINUX as a server-OS. And I know it has its advantage on the desktop too. But then I did take again the easy way and used my WIN10-machine for the every day things that just have to work and need no special attention.
And I must admit that I was a bit put off by the sheer size of the installation package - but that is not a real reason in these broadband days. Well, the windows version is a real lightweight compared to this.

I can't give good advice. On the one hand, I'm glad that there is such broad OS support - on the other hand, I can see that you'll have to invest a lot of time to do this, and you'll want to focus your energy on the more frequently used and appreciated things.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

HI,
in fact I'm not a regular Linux user and I always found hard to develop under linux because of the huge number of its variants.

Windows, even if hated by many people, remains a stable and quite standard environment and largely used.

For example, looking at the statistics on the forum
image.png
It appears that only 5% of people is using Linux.

Looking at the statistics of the web site
image.png
The result is practically the same.

So the question is still the same, if worth to waste energy for only 5% of people.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fernando Perez

Post by Fernando Perez »

Francesco, 3 or 4 times a year I try to give Linux another chance, but for me it is still too complicated. It does not compensate me the effort for the results that I obtain.
I recognize that it has improved a lot since its inception, but if simply getting a new driver to work properly takes so much time of searching and experimentation, well sorry, I will continue to use Windows 10.
In addition, I am outraged by certain users who always appear in the forums related to Windows and whose eternal comment is: "If you used Linux this would not happen to you ...".
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:30 am HI,
in fact I'm not a regular Linux user and I always found hard to develop under linux because of the huge number of its variants.

Windows, even if hated by many people, remains a stable and quite standard environment and largely used.

For example, looking at the statistics on the forum
image.png

It appears that only 5% of people is using Linux.

Looking at the statistics of the web site
image.png

The result is practically the same.

So the question is still the same, if worth to waste energy for only 5% of people.

Oh! - This seems to give an, in its unambiguity now very unexpected, but very directional answer to your question
PANNO2

Post by PANNO2 »

hi cicciocb ,
sorry for coming to late but iam busy atm.

i testet win.bat under win 10 Pro.

got this :
[img
Untitled.png
][/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Thanks Panno, probably you should try to run it as administrator
PANNO

Post by PANNO »

Hi again,

After reading the Thread i can’t resist to say my 2c.

After some years developing with glbasic which is Multiplattform long times ago i think it isnt worth to spend so much time for different platforms.
Linux , Android has to much different versions, Apple changed every Months his minds about development or cpu line. Work with Windows.
Don’t split your time for different versions.
Glbasic has started with iirc 6 different platforms and every month’s one is dying. The Developer will going to be crazy about. He spend a lot of time and money but in the end where a only 1 Plattform ist consistent. The Rest isnt full running.
I fear the same for your Project and so iam chime in here.
Its your time , you paid all , we are downloading only and show problems 😉.

Gtx
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Thanks you all for your feedback.
However, the program is supposed to run, at least on windows platform but it appears that it is not the case.

I'm really surprised of all the issues raised as it works perfectly on my configuration.

It is really strange that nobody was able to make it work, maybe I did a mistake into the files released.