New multi version to test 1.43.4

Here you'll find the updated available
cicciocb
Site Admin

New multi version to test 1.43.4

Post by cicciocb »

Hi all,
before releasing the next version, I prepared a package for Linux and Windows that contains a new toolkit.

I already included the JDK packages into the package, so this means that it should simply run using win.bat on windows and linux.sh on linux.

In any case, the installation instructions are the same as defined into this post [Local Link Removed for Guests]
except that the JDK packages are already included in the zip file so are not required.

Please do not hesitate to test and give me some feedback.

This package contains 5 version of annex :
annex for esp8266
annex32
annex32 witout BLE support (gives more free ram available)
annex for ESPCAM
annex for epaper LILYGO 4.7

The package is not really complete as the online help has not been updated but I would like to have some feedback before next step.

All the versions have been updated with new features and fixes :

Annex Change Log
Version 1.43.3
WIFI.CONNECT and WIFI.APMODE
- included the optional IP address

Annex32 Change Log
Version 1.43.4
E-paper version created
- command touch
- commands EPAPER.xxxx
ESP32 no BLE version created
- without BLE support (for more RAM available)
Telegram direct support implemented
- commands TELEGRAM.xxx
DAC OUTPUT implemented
- command PIN.DAC available on pin 25 and 26
CCS811 support implemented
HDC1080 support implemented
WGET$ and WPOST$
- implemented optional argument "Content-Type"
SLEEP command
- Implemented Wakeup from PIN
WIFI.CONNECT and WIFI.APMODE
- included the optional IP address
PeterN

Re: New multi version to test 1.43.4

Post by PeterN »

Hi CiccioCB , this is such a great gift bag that in your modesty you forgot to mention the ANNEXCAM version that is also included :-)

Thanks for this!!

- On Windows10: If no serial is connected at start of the win.bat, the toolkit will stop with a error-message. So a device always has to be connected BEFORE start.
-I can flash an ESP32 successfully - but can not open the serial monitor after this, as it says that the port is already open in other prog

EDIT: After a restart , the toolkit does not stop without a serialport any more , but still I can not open the serial monitor at all, although flashing at this com-port is ok
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Some MX Linux Toolkit feedback:

Green button firmware upgrade works ok in Serial flasher, so I expect the other flashing options will still work ok.

Only the Backup/Restore tab remains greyed out, but several of the active ones do not work under MX Linux (whether running ./linux.sh or sudo ./linux.sh)...

IP Scan reports errors in the terminal window that it cannot find ARP" (see pic1).
newtoolkit1.jpg

Although the Change Log tab is active it still doesn't show any change info from any of the different firmware choices.

Sending a UDP message still doesn't work, but can be avoided by using an Annex UDP utility for monitoring network traffic.
newtoolkit3b.jpg
newtoolkit3.jpg

Don't know if it might be interest, but I was able to create a working linux AppImage file for the previous Toolkit.
But not being a programmer I didn't know how to also include the various Toolkit dependencies - which I know can be done... cos the whole point of Appimages is to create standalone single file self-contained applications that can run on any version of linux without needing anything to be installed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bugs

Post by bugs »

I did not get very far (using a new laptop with win 10).
It does not have a serial port and the device I wanted to access was remote so I got the serial port error at start after running win.bat.
'
image.png
Ok - to be expected so clicked "OK" and tried to connect to the remote device - with valid url - but got another error:-
'
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Bugs, the IP contains too many dots :D
bugs

Post by bugs »

So it does - sorry! :oops:
bugs

Post by bugs »

At the risk of further embarrassment, I am missing the method of specifying the folders for uploads and downloads.
Putting all in one folder would mean overwriting other device's default.bas for example.
My current directory structure is as picture the numbers being the last 3 digits of the device url.
image.png
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Thanks for your feedback, even if it looks quite a catastrophic release :D .

I'll try to understand why you face to these issues.

For bugs :
For the uploads / downloads, the folder names that cannot be changed actually.
I think that the best approach is to download into zipped file to gather a consistent association between files.
However, I could use the IP address of the module as a subfolder name for download or, if you think that is better, simply enable the folder selection
bugs

Post by bugs »

I can live with the zip file approach as I am able to specify the file name and folder for saving it.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Hi all,
again thanks for your testing.
Does someone else could check if the UDP works under windows and confirm that it does not work under linux ?

For Robin :
The ARP utility is probably missing in your installation.
I suppose that something like

Code: [Local Link Removed for Guests]

sudo apt-get install net-tools
should fix the problem
Although the Change Log tab is active it still doesn't show any change info from any of the different firmware choices.
Yes, I forgot to include the change log files
Don't know if it might be interest, but I was able to create a working linux AppImage file for the previous Toolkit.
Yes, it could be very interesting to create a kind of portable version for linux.
The difficulty is to understand what are the dependencies really needed for any linux distribution.