New AnnexToolKit 1.1 including release 1.48.22

Here you'll find the updated available
cicciocb
Site Admin

Re: New AnnexToolKit 1.1 including release 1.48.22

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:21 pm Great, thanks.
No need for it to be installed on AnnexMX cos it works straight-away on MX and upgraded an esp8266 fine.
Still problem with S2's for me, but that must be something to do with my system, so I'll do them on Margarets win10 laptop.
Do not forget to hold the button on the module during the procedure
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

Good morning Francesco,

Thanks for that fine package!
I have found a small problem on Win10 with flashing when there are spaces in the install path, as the path is truncated at the space.

The error message with ".../ANNEX BASIC/..." in the path is:
esptool write_flash: error: argument <address> <filename>: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\pneuf\\Desktop\\ANNEX'
exit_code:2
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:28 am Good morning Francesco,

Thanks for that fine package!
I have found a small problem on Win10 with flashing when there are spaces in the install path, as the path is truncated at the space.

The error message with ".../ANNEX BASIC/..." in the path is:
esptool write_flash: error: argument <address> <filename>: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\pneuf\\Desktop\\ANNEX'
exit_code:2
Thanks for the feedback, this has been reported in the past but I forgot to fix it.
Fernando Perez

Post by Fernando Perez »

Francesco, if you are going to update the binaries, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you about a problem that I have detected.
The Internet radio program, TTGO T-Display ESP32 with PCM5102 and Annex 1.47.2, which I published in:
[Local Link Removed for Guests]
When I load version 1.48.22 it works, but with terrible audio distortion (not glitches, just audio problems), which makes it unusable.
And in the Youtube video that I posted, they already start asking for information about how to flash the module.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXvKQKpZAR4
I will recommend you to only use version 47, but for newcomers it can be somewhat confusing.
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:30 am Francesco, if you are going to update the binaries, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you about a problem that I have detected.
The Internet radio program, TTGO T-Display ESP32 with PCM5102 and Annex 1.47.2, which I published in:
[Local Link Removed for Guests]
When I load version 1.48.22 it works, but with terrible audio distortion (not glitches, just audio problems), which makes it unusable.
And in the Youtube video that I posted, they already start asking for information about how to flash the module.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXvKQKpZAR4
I will recommend you to only use version 47, but for newcomers it can be somewhat confusing.
Hi Fernando
I can confirm this. There seems to be a lot of distortion on an external I2S DAC when the volume is set to more than around 50%
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Unfortunately I cannot go back as each version is associated with a new SDK.
There are a lot of problems on the audio on the recent SDKs but the one you are reporting should be easy to fix, if the problem is just a question of saturation.

I'll give an eye (and one ear) :D
Fernando Perez

Post by Fernando Perez »

Hi Fernando
I can confirm this. There seems to be a lot of distortion on an external I2S DAC when the volume is set to more than around 50%
Peter, to great evils, great remedies:
Where in my program it says "volume=75", I'll put "volume=49" and have the user use the amplifier volume potentiometer.
:D ;)
Saludos
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:30 am
Peter, to great evils, great remedies:
Where in my program it says "volume=75", I'll put "volume=49" and have the user use the amplifier volume potentiometer.
:D ;)
Saludos
Common sense and a good engineering knowledge can free the world from many problems ;-) :-)
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Just to point out an important advantage of the Toolkit over the online flasher...
The Toolkit allows safely flashing offline even using an old vulnernable version of win7.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:22 pm Just to point out an important advantage of the Toolkit over the online flasher...
The Toolkit allows safely flashing offline even using an old vulnernable version of win7.
Not a real advantage, people are supposed to use win 11 rather than win 7 :D