New release 1.44.2 for ESP8266

Here you'll find the updated available
Khz

Re: New release 1.44.2 for ESP8266

Post by Khz »

Danke für die schnelle Antwort! Habe mehrere Dateien im '/program' Ordner gelöscht, aber es werden weiterhin nur eiwa 1000 Byte abgespeichert. Im Editor ist das Programm ganz zu sehen, im File Manager aber nur der Anfang der Datei. Auch 'Repair Disk' hat keine Hilfe gebracht. Übertrage ich die alte Version 1.43.3 'Flash Firmware Only' dann geht alles wieder normal.

Viele Grüße
Karl-Heinz
sebohere

Post by sebohere »

Hi. Today, I flashed ESP8266 mini with last New release 1.44.2 for ESP8266 annex.bin file and encountered this html nonfunctionality. In online help page (V1.442) the string function textbox$ describes that changing the value of the variable in the basic code will change also the value in the html and vice-versa. The function work only one way as user enter the value, vice-versa doesn't. To displaying the value, I added a javascript code. Example of program:

Code: [Local Link Removed for Guests]

st1 = 0
f1$ = ""

wlog "The code is started."
onHtmlReload setpage
gosub setpage
timer0 500, tick
wait

setpage:
cls
a$ = ""
b$ = ""
a$ = a$ + |<label>Annex variable value displaying in textbox.</label><br><br>|
a$ = a$ + |<label>Annex textbox: </label>| + textbox$(st1,"tb1") + |<br><br>|
a$ = a$ + |<label>Annex textbox with added JavaScript: </label>| + textbox$(f1$,"tb2")
a$ = a$ + |<br><br><br><br><br><br>| + button$("Stop Program",stop1,"but100")
html a$
b$ = |var zac1; function osv1(){document.getElementById("tb2").value=zac1;}|
jscript b$
return

tick:
st1 = st1 + 1
f1$ = str$(st1)
jscall |zac1="| + f1$ + |";osv1();|
if st1 = 1000 then
  st1 = 0
end if
return

stop1:
html |<br><br><span style="color:red;">Program stoped.</span>|
wlog "The code was stoped."
end
Regards, Sebastijan.
Zim

Post by Zim »

try adding "autorefresh 1000" as the second last entry under "setpage:"
sebohere

Post by sebohere »

Hi Thanks for solution. I put autorefresh command after the cls command in html setpage subroutine (as mentioned on help page) and it work.

Regards, Sebastijan.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Now I'm back to system development for the winter (it has been a busy summer), perhaps I could help in some way. What needs to be done?

I also second the plea for a full installation release. It is difficult to be sure you have the right files as there are no release version nos in the binary file names. I don't think I am exceptionally picky, but you do have to be immersed in this stuff to be confident. Newcomers will be put off, which is a pity given how truly excellent Annex is.

Stuart
JosefDuisberg

Post by JosefDuisberg »

Hello,

for ESP32 (1.48) Qos ist possible:
for ESP8266 (1.44.2) it is missing

.... is an update possible?

Josef
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:05 pm Hello,

for ESP32 (1.48) Qos ist possible:
for ESP8266 (1.44.2) it is missing

.... is an update possible?

Josef
Hi,
as this chip has very few RAM, the underlying library that I integrated (https://github.com/knolleary/pubsubclient) do not supports the Qos > 1.
In the past I already tried to integrate other libraries (at least 3 different libraries) with unsatisfactory results.
As this chip is considered obsolete by Espressif, I prefer to put the efforts on the ESP32 series, so I suggest you to move toward the ESP32
Steini63

Post by Steini63 »

Hello,

I am new to Annex RDS and would first like to mention that I am very impressed with the whole package. I did test with an old ESP8266-NodeMCU-board and everything worked on the first try (OLED display, BMS280 pressure sensor, ...). The very good documentation helped a lot.

Then I registered in the forum and got the version 1.44.2 for ESP8266. With this I suddenly had many disconnects and strange behavior related to the pause command.

The following minimal programs immediately break the connection (Connection indicator turned to grey).

PIN.MODE 2, OUTPUT
Count = 0
DO
  Count = Count + 1
  'WLOG Count, TIME$
  PIN(2) = Count MOD 2  'blink LED
  PAUSE 250
LOOP
As soon as the line with WLOG is uncommented, the connection remains, but a change of browser pages (editor, config, ...) is very slow or completely blocked. With WLOG active, the "pause" delay doubles without further input after a few minutes. Avoiding the pause-command does not change the blocking-behavior:

PIN.MODE 2, OUTPUT
Count = 0
TIMER1 250, BlinkLED
WAIT

BlinkLED:
  Count = Count + 1
  'WLOG Count, TIME$
  PIN(2) = Count MOD 2
RETURN
Again for clarification: If I flash to version 1.42 or 1.43.4 everything works without the described behavior.

Many thanks for your efforts
Frank