New release 1.44.2 for ESP8266

Here you'll find the updated available
HPB

Re: ESP8266 external wakeup

Post by HPB »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Tue May 31, 2022 7:16 pm Hi there,
I have build an ESP8266 into a smoke detector (battery driven).
The chip is only triggered by an external event (short pulse).
Then the code keeps the power supply running, until the code switches the device of again.
I came up with this solution:

I used a dual mosfet IRF7319 that is very small so everything is fitting into the case easily.
The chip works at logic level voltage and the diodes are preferably schottky because of their low voltage drop.
Want to assume its BAT54C schottky double diodes, Thanks efalken.
efalken

Re: ESP8266 external wakeup

Post by efalken »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:17 am Want to assume its BAT54C schottky double diodes, Thanks efalken.
Diodes are not critical as long as you choose mosfets with really low threshold voltage Vgs.
Check data sheet. In my case it's around 1V so any diode should work just fine.
Good luck.
scm

Re: New release 1.44.2 for ESP8266

Post by scm »

Hello, I've been using annex basic for a little while now and its been impressive. I've been trying to use the esp32 with MPU6500 with no success.
I tried the example in the help documentation, but it always says sensor not found.Has anyone had any success with this?

Thanks scm.
ulli

Post by ulli »

Hi Cicciocb,

thanks a lot for the new release 1.44.2 for ESP8266.

Unfortunately there is no download link to the new version on the DOWNLOADS page https://sites.google.com/site/annexwifi/downloads . On the News page there is no change log entry.

What I'm also missing is a complete download package for this new version. I'm particularly thinking of new users as the current situation is somewhat confusing, driving picky users away from this wonderful piece of software.

Please complete the DOWNLOADS and News pages to make them look professional again.

Thanks again and enjoy a great summertime.

Cheers

Ulli
The light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off for energy saving reasons.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:21 pm Hi Cicciocb,

thanks a lot for the new release 1.44.2 for ESP8266.

Unfortunately there is no download link to the new version on the DOWNLOADS page https://sites.google.com/site/annexwifi/downloads . On the News page there is no change log entry.

What I'm also missing is a complete download package for this new version. I'm particularly thinking of new users as the current situation is somewhat confusing, driving picky users away from this wonderful piece of software.

Please complete the DOWNLOADS and News pages to make them look professional again.

Thanks again and enjoy a great summertime.

Cheers

Ulli
Thanks for your feedback Ulli, unfortunately the website cannot be modified anymore as "Google" decided to oblige everybody to move in a new format (the actual site has been frozen)
I started to create a new website but the conversion requires too much time that I cannot find in my spare time.
It is still a project on progress but, for the moment, the packages will be only released on the forum.
BeanieBots

Post by BeanieBots »

I agree with ulli about this. It's a great shame what Google have done, and Annex is not the only thing to have suffered.
Hopefully, you will be able to do something in the future when time permits. A complete package is so much less confusing.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

* Creating new updated content for a new site would be a major undertaking all by itself, the brunt of which would be carried by busy CiccioCB.
* Copying and pasting existing content from old site to new would be a mind-numbing task to bog down any individual for their foreseeable future.
* Nothing is even possible without the major first task of creating a suitable new website structure with all of the appropriate page templates.

So...
Stand up all those who want a new website ?
Sit down all those unable to help make it happen ?

If anyone is still standing, please create a new post saying how you can help, and perhaps you may even trigger others to volunteer also.

We who are standing have a better view of where we need to go than those who are sat down, but we have no way to get there by ourselves.
Unfortunately the Annex community has had insufficient volunteer support to help make a new website become a reality, but perhaps that may change.

BeanieBots

Post by BeanieBots »

Sorry, but I'm still sitting when it comes to anything html. However, I do have a lot of experience with hardware, a good collection of ESPs and TFTs.
I also have an ESPcam, though it never worked with an old version of Annex, not tried with the latest.
So, if there is anything else I can help with to help relieve the burden, then please let me know.
Khz

Post by Khz »

Hallo in die Runde!
Habe gerade die Version 1.44.2 ESP8266 getestet. Aber bei mir scheint das Speichern der Programme nicht zu funktionieren. Der Vortschrittsbalgen bleibt einfach hängen und nichts tut sich. Das Programm wird teilweise gespeichert.
Gruß
Karl-Heinz
AndyGadget

Post by AndyGadget »

Hi Karl-Heinz,
Sounds like the memory may be full, or very fragmented (if you've previously been doing a lot of writes to it).
Clear out anything you don't need (especially images) and try again.
Failing that, reformat and re-flash.