Setting your Notification options

The Annex CNN channel
Electroguard

Setting your Notification options

Post by Electroguard »

This applies to the forum categories which are subscribed to.

Forum notification settings (including email notifications) can be changed from...
User Control Panel
Board preferences
Edit notification options

The screenshot is not intended to show recommended settings, it is an example of how to select required options.

Screenshot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bugs

Re: Setting your Notification options

Post by bugs »

Eventually...
I had already ticked some boxes on that page but then ticked every one and waited a couple of days - still no emails.

Discovered that the tick mark at the bottom of each (sub) forum does NOT mean that I have subscribed to that forum.
You have to click the "subscribed" text next to the box to REMOVE the tick!
Any idea what the tick is supposed to mean?

Email now seems to be working anyway.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Yeah, removing the default tick seemed counter-intuitive to me also, but I was following the advice from a post by ex-egll [Local Link Removed for Guests]
select the forum you are interested in e.g. Software Updates, at the bottom of that page in a blue bar is a tick box labelled "Subscribe forum" there will be a tick in that box (unless you have already played with it). Counter intuitively that means click here to subscribe! Click there and a message will come up saying you are subscribed, the tick goes away and the label now reads "Unsubscribe forum"!!! Clicking there will ......... unsubscribe you.

If you just want to subscribe to a particular topic in the forum, click on the topic and go to the bottom of the page and click on the spanner (wrench), and one of the options is "Subscribe topic", follow the instructions above!
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Don't forget to keep an eye open for new Categories that may have been added, which you may also wish to subscribe to for notifications.
Fernando Perez

Post by Fernando Perez »

Hi. To receive notifications by email when a message is published in any of the subforums, should I check the boxes on this page or leave them blank?
[Local Link Removed for Guests]
Fernando Perez

Post by Fernando Perez »

I see that I have to go sub-forum by sub-forum UNCHECKING the box at the bottom of the page.
image.png
And if I use the page of my previous link, I reset all the subforums and I have to start again ...
:roll: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.