Serial Input on an ESP32

Recurrent H/W and software problems
Basicfreak

Re: Serial Input on an ESP32

Post by Basicfreak »

Hello,
thank you for your help. I change my program and it works very well.
There is only a little problem with the optik. Is there a way to change the background color and the font size of the textbox ?
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Rather than tell you how to do everything, take some time to look at some of the examples in the HTML chapter of the PRACTICAL WORKSHOP TUTORIALS.
All those examples can be copied and pasted into the script Editor then Saved and Run to try the results without needing any additional hardware.
I was only learning myself as I did them, but I tried to include useful information which might be helpful to others like you to prevent having to keep re-inventing the wheel all the time... and I still keep keep referring back to them myself to remember how I did something.

In your case, the following example shows how to add either a background colour or a wallpaper image...
Practical Workshop Tutorials‎ > ‎Chapter 1 - HTML‎ > Project - Wall Switch:
https://sites.google.com/site/annexwifi ... ght-switch

There are many examples of how to style textbox$ using cssid$, such as:
Practical Workshop Tutorials‎ > ‎Chapter 5 - EasyNet‎ > ‎Project - Smart Socket:
https://sites.google.com/site/annexwifi ... art-socket

You will find answers to questions that you are not even aware you will be asking yet... but don't hesitate to ask again if you need to.

Edit: I'm not suggesting you try everything BTW, just look through the screen-dumps for style effects like you need, then dig deeper to see how it was done.
Basicfreak

Post by Basicfreak »

Hello,
I did it. Now the set looks like I imagined. I am enclosing a photo of the site. The temperatures are not yet live but still come from the Nano.
Thanks for your help and for your patience.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Glad to have helped, Basicfreak, and well done you for succeeding.

Just curious, is there a particular reason why you are using the nano for the temp sensors ?
Hendrix

Post by Hendrix »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:47 am ...The Nano txt pin is direktly connectet with the esp 32 on pin GPIO3.
I would think the 5 Volt of the Nano would kill the 3.3V input of the ESP.
Did you make a voltage conversion or can the ESP indeed handle 5V ?
Basicfreak

Post by Basicfreak »

Hello,
i only use the Nano to send something to the ESP. In real the data are coming from my heating control. I first want to create the page and then i connect the ESP to my heating.
It is only a test device.
With the 5 V on the com Port is current no problem, but the tip is good and i lock to the datasheet what voltage is right.