Config settings

Recurrent H/W and software problems
AZinfidel

Config settings

Post by AZinfidel »

Greetings from Arizona,
After a very long hiatus from 8266Basic ( yet monitoring Annex Dev ) I have been able to get started with Annex.

Upgrading 2, 1meg esp-1 modules and 2, 4meg esp-201 Dev boards to Annex.
I have encountered on all 4 issues with configuring names and AP ip settings.
I have extracted the config.ini file using toolkit and the new changes are there
but on bootup all I get is the default up address.

What am I missing?
Thanks in advance.
Electroguard

Re: Config settings

Post by Electroguard »

Hi,
Use the Config web page rather than accessing config.ini directly (Annex32 does not use config.ini)

If you are configuring the Annex device to logon to a router, all relevant fields must be correct for the device to actually logon to the router, else Annex will default back to 192.168.4.1 so that it is still accessible.
This fallback is also deliberately invoked by shorting RX and TX together, so make sure they are not still linked, else it will always boot to defaults.

If connecting to a router obviously your wifi should connect to that routers SSID (not the devices default SSID name) then the browser connects to the device IP address on the routers subnet.
So the Name and Pass fields must be correct to logon to the router.
Leaving the IP fields empty will request a DHCP address from the router... so you will need to discover what DHCP address has been assigned.
A static IP address also requires populating the subnet mask (255.255.255.0) and the default gateway address of the router.
AZinfidel

Post by AZinfidel »

Ty Electrguard.

I'm simply trying to set them up as Access Points
But cannot get them to budge from the default ip address.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Hi,
you must set the gateway at the same time; this is required
You can simply set the same IP address 192.168.4.202
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

FYI. All tcp/ip devices must require a default gateway address (whether assigned manually with the static address or DHCP assigned by the router) because the default gateway is where all local network traffic gets routed for handling... in your case by itself, or often-times by the network router - but it must point somewhere else the traffic has nowhere assigned to deal with it.
AZinfidel

Post by AZinfidel »

Boom!!
Works perfect...
Thanks to both of you.