Radar vehicle detector

All that relates to the H/W
Zim

Radar vehicle detector

Post by Zim »

This radar detector found on ebay works excellent. -45 deg with snow fall and still no false triggers. Requires 12v. $30 US
Has a sensitivity adjustment. Very directional.

s-l1600.jpg
Hf862aed15360434b91c44fad38e5961ey.jpg

Here is a link on ebay

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Easy-to-install ... %7Ciid%3A1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Zim on Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Electroguard

Re: Radar vehicle detector

Post by Electroguard »

Hi Zim, could you give a link for the device please, or copy n paste the title description so I can do a targeted search, cos I couldn't find it.
Zim

Post by Zim »

Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Hi Zim,
Yeah, looks interesting if it is what it claims - but Chinese advertisers are notorious for repeating claims based on incorrect translations.
My suspicions are aroused by the ad stating "Make sure there is no reflective material within 8 meters in front of the detector"... but radar measures doppler shift from moving bodies, so shouldn't be affected by anything stationary.
And the pic of the internals looks like many central IR emitters with 2 end IR detectors to collect any reflected bounced back IR.
IR would do the same sort of job as Radar, but I've had problems from reflective IR types due to glistening condensation and thick pea-soup fogs.

radar.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zim

Post by Zim »

Hi Electroguard
I used Infrared motion detector for the first "drive away alert" and, even after masking the lens, I get intermittent triggers from wind. With this sensor, I have experienced wind, snow, and cold weather (-45) with no false triggers (yet). I am still waiting for rain to further test its stability.(couple more months). Seems very well built externally (especially for $30)

Zim