CAN BUS transceiver

All that relates to the H/W
Electroguard

CAN BUS transceiver

Post by Electroguard »

For anyone interested, I found the same TJA1050 modules as CiccioCB shows in the Help for his impressive new CAN BUS implementation, available on Ali Express as a lot of 10 for less than 4 €

tja1050.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnS

Re: CAN BUS transceiver

Post by JohnS »

Hi there,
Sounds like a very interesting little project, can you tell me where I can find it, I've tried searching this forum and the Annex website but can't find reference to CAN BUS anywhere.

PS has anyone had any experience of trying to read two DHT11s on a single controller (D1mini in my case) I'm trying to read inlet and outlet temp and humidity on a home made dual flux ventilator.

Cheers
John
Electroguard

Re: CAN BUS transceiver

Post by Electroguard »

Hi John,
Aint no Annex CAN projects available yet cos the CAN BUS capability has only just been added in the recent Annex32 firmware update, and most people will probably still be waiting for their transceivers to arrive.

When I get around to adding a humidity sensor to my external temp device (which is using a DS18B20) I will probably opt for something more accurate like a BME280, cos my experience with DHT's is that they are more of an interesting novelty rather than an accurate measuring device.

Two temp sensors is easy, 2 humidity sensors might be more of a problem... but worst case you could link two ESP32 devices together using CAN BUS, each with their own DHT11, and be the first to create an Annex CAN BUS project !