A couple of new wemos D1 Mini footprint devices

All that relates to the H/W
Electroguard

Re: A couple of new wemos D1 Mini footprint devices

Post by Electroguard »

Haha, perhaps your nightmares are uneccessary Hanspeter.
I have Sonoff B1 led lamps with built-in esp8266 using an early version of Annex which have been running 24/7 for years, so I have no need to upgrade the old version of Annex. Nor with any other of my existing Annex esp8266 devices... if they are working ok, there is no need to change anything.
So your estate of old critters are still perfectly good to use for whatever they are able to do.
But esp8266 is pretty much maxxed out, so Francesco has been focusing new developments on the greater capabilities of esp32's.
But you only need an esp32 if you need any of the capabilities that only an esp32 can provide.
So you can sleep peacefully.

And yes, the more Expressif can design into its chips, the less peripheral components are needed, so the cheaper the overall product can be.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:27 am Oho my goodness £2.87 and £1.44 for shipping but where is the Flash memory? guess it's integrated.
Had been having nightmares after Francesco says we got migrate to ESP32 eventually :oops:, got a large estate
of ESP8266.

Looking at ESP32-C3 datasheet page 23, Table 9, Connection Between ESP32C3 and External Flash
Internal ROM is 384kb and 400kb of SRAM.
On the C3 mini v1.0.0 there is no Flash.

Thanks Electroguard for the link.

https://www.espressif.com/sites/default ... eet_en.pdf

Hanspeter
These modules have a design issue and are not recommended.
HPB

Post by HPB »

Thanks Francesco.