Lora and SD-Card

All that relates to the H/W
darkdestroyer

Lora and SD-Card

Post by darkdestroyer »

Hi, folks,

First of all, thank you very much for the diligent work on the software and the great new possibilities that version 1.44 offers. I use a hletec-Lora module and an SD card module with active buffer. It is connected as shown in the help-file.
I want to use the Lora function to transfer data from a data logger to my network. At the same time, the data should be backed up locally on an SD card. Unfortunately, the SD card and Lora module do not seem to get along. It goes either the SD card, then the setting "Generic" is necessary as a module. If the Lora module is to work, then the setting "Wifi LORA 32" is necessary and the SD card must be disabled. Would the alternative wiring be helpful for the SD card? And what should it look like? Greetings

Peter
cicciocb
Site Admin

Re: Lora and SD-Card

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Wed May 11, 2022 8:12 am Hi, folks,

First of all, thank you very much for the diligent work on the software and the great new possibilities that version 1.44 offers. I use a hletec-Lora module and an SD card module with active buffer. It is connected as shown in the help-file.
I want to use the Lora function to transfer data from a data logger to my network. At the same time, the data should be backed up locally on an SD card. Unfortunately, the SD card and Lora module do not seem to get along. It goes either the SD card, then the setting "Generic" is necessary as a module. If the Lora module is to work, then the setting "Wifi LORA 32" is necessary and the SD card must be disabled. Would the alternative wiring be helpful for the SD card? And what should it look like? Greetings

Peter
Hi Peter, in reality I never tried that wiring, it was just a theoretical hypothesis.
As usual, there is always a difference between theory and practice :D .
I'll investigate and fix this problem in a next release.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Re: Lora and SD-Card

Post by cicciocb »

FInally I did some tests and it looks that a pullup resistor is required on the PIN 18 of the modules.
In fact this is the CS of the LORA module that goes in conflict with the SDCARD during the boot.

So, just put a pullup resistor on that pin and it will work

This is a picture of my test case. Note the resistance on the right between the pin 18 and the 3.3V
1652900291493.jpg

And this is the confirmation inside the serial console
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.