Telegram-BOT

Annex for ESP32
PeterN

Telegram-BOT

Post by PeterN »

Good evening

I extended my ANNEX32CAM-V1.435-code for an ESP32-Servo-Camera to serve in parallel as a Telegram bot.
The Camera now returns a picture to a Telegram-user and allows him to control the servos by some simple one-letter pan/tilt commands.
I do observe now very often silent crashes or at least serial-line messages like "esco subbito" or "connection failed" before hanging. And there seems to be no chance to escape out of this chain.
The situation seems to get worse depending at the number of connection to Telegram + to any Browser-window with more then only a simple connection.
A Telegram-bot service + (html/jscript Live-Picture with two sliders for servo pan/tilt9) + (the editor-window with running wlog) are a guaranty for a soon hanging system. Even a software controlled reboot can not help then.

I think there was a discussion about the limited max number of connections to the system, or at least the reaction of the system to trying to open too many connections. But I am not sure about the current limitations or perhaps other reasons for the problem.

Even if I would deactivate the Live-Picture streaming to reduce connections - I could not avoid that any simple additional Browser-request will induce a bad situation.

Did someone see similar effects?
Is there a workaround except limiting the camera to just strictly answering to the telegram-bot requests only?
PANNO

Re: Telegram-BOT

Post by PANNO »

Hi, iam totally busy but i remember the „old“ version crashed after some connection. A new start solves the problem. Maybe a testsource for us?
PeterN

Re: Telegram-BOT

Post by PeterN »

Hi Panno,
yes, it is very easy to enforce a crash by simply creating some additional connection-requests.
I hope that Francesco can find a way to ensure that a "one-too-much-connection" crash could be avoided

This is not only a question of using Telegram. A simple additional browser-window and a ping to the module can produce this problem as well.