SPI Display Array (Six 0.96" LCD Displays)

Annex for ESP32
ebs

SPI Display Array (Six 0.96" LCD Displays)

Post by ebs »

I am thinking of buying one of these SPI Display Arrays:
https://www.tindie.com/products/savagee ... lay-array/

It's basically six 0.96" 160x80 ST7735 displays on one board, with common SPI bus and LED backlight connections.
Each display has a separate CS pin so you can choose the desired display to load.

Questions:

1. Would the built-in ST7735 support work with this board?

2. Can the six CS lines be controlled manually on separate ESP-32 pins?

3. Does anyone see any problems that I'm overlooking?

Thanks,
Eric
cicciocb
Site Admin

Re: SPI Display Array (Six 0.96" LCD Displays)

Post by cicciocb »

Yes, it should be possible to use it simply dedicating a separate CS signal for each display and enabling "manually" one at the time.
ebs

Post by ebs »

That's what I thought; thanks for the confirmation.

A beginner question, please - the help file mentions that there are different types of ST7735 OLEDs and to try the different types in the configuration UI. Is that in the flashing software tool or built into Annex32 itself?

One last question (for now at least) - do you have a recommendation for a reliable ESP-32 board? Since I won't need the built-in OLED on the board I'm currently using, I'd like to find one that's smaller and less expensive, if possible.

Thanks again for all your help.

Regards,
Eric
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:53 am That's what I thought; thanks for the confirmation.

A beginner question, please - the help file mentions that there are different types of ST7735 OLEDs and to try the different types in the configuration UI. Is that in the flashing software tool or built into Annex32 itself?

One last question (for now at least) - do you have a recommendation for a reliable ESP-32 board? Since I won't need the built-in OLED on the board I'm currently using, I'd like to find one that's smaller and less expensive, if possible.

Thanks again for all your help.

Regards,
Eric
For the ESP32, the ST7735 is configurable inside the config page

You can simply find this information in the help
[Local Link Removed for Guests]

About the modules, I think the easiest to use are the WEMOS D1-mini or the classic Devkit
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.