Annex Toolkit multi platform beta version

All that relates to the Annex Toolkit Utility
cicciocb
Site Admin

Re: Annex Toolkit multi platform beta version

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:12 pm Indeed, Francesco, it is about this distribution:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/software/ra ... i-desktop/
I would appreciate it because I have installed it in a sadly aged Dell Inspiron 1545 that with only 2 GB of RAM and, I do admit, an SSD hard drive, has been reborn.
Fernando,
I tried to make it work with Linux32 bits but I wasn't able to find a JAVAFX JDK or JRE for linux32 !

I found for almost all the OS (including the Raspberry pi) except for linux32 bits.
I tried even with a real Raspberry Pi 2B and, at my great surprise, the toolkir runs properly :D

I think that linux32 is already considered obsolete ....
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

I hadn't realised that there had to be something plugged into the usb port. With the esp32 plugged in and running some code I got a bit further, but reading the module info got me this (see pic). The device is working and able to get data from the internet but not connecting to the toolkit. All the installation tests were passed. I didn't touch any settings apart from to select esp32.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:36 pm I hadn't realised that there had to be something plugged into the usb port. With the esp32 plugged in and running some code I got a bit further, but reading the module info got me this (see pic). The device is working and able to get data from the internet but not connecting to the toolkit. All the installation tests were passed. I didn't touch any settings apart from to select esp32.
Probably your module do not have the auto reset. This means that you must manually put the GPIO0 to GND and reset the chip.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Trying a different instance of the same module, this time with nothing connected to it, powered off the usb, it gives this .. The module is an ESP32-Wroom-32D. The port is connected: dmesg: [288122.363743] usb 1-1: cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB1 - even though it suggests it isn't. The first module was on a board and I may have wrongly used GPIO0.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

This time with a little 8266 module connected, dmesg still reporting a connection
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:04 pm This time with a little 8266 module connected, dmesg still reporting a connection
Does it is a real or a virtual machine ?
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Real. I had a thought that it might just be a 2-wire usb cable, but same result when I swapped it.

I just tried it on a different usb port. The 8266 worked. So it is something about identifying the port.

dmesg says:
[289238.044886] usb 1-1: cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB1 <--- didn't work
[289344.536499] cp210x ttyUSB1: cp210x converter now disconnected from ttyUSB1
[289352.441522] usb 1-2: cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB1 <--- swapped port, did work

Also success on esp32
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:29 am Real. I had a thought that it might just be a 2-wire usb cable, but same result when I swapped it.

I just tried it on a different usb port. The 8266 worked. So it is something about identifying the port.

dmesg says:
[289238.044886] usb 1-1: cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB1 <--- didn't work
[289344.536499] cp210x ttyUSB1: cp210x converter now disconnected from ttyUSB1
[289352.441522] usb 1-2: cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB1 <--- swapped port, did work

Also success on esp32

So, this is a good news.
I've also been able to make it work on a raspberry Pi 2b :-)
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

I've been uploading a pre-built bootable MX version to my google drive to see if that would have worked for you, but is good news that it's not needed now, and is also good news about the raspberry Pi 2b version.

BTW, I've noticed that some micro USB adapters, especially ones that are getting a bit old and loose, are not reliable for flashing some devices even though it may work on others. Likewise, some USB cables can severely affect the serial speed and reliability.
So if there is any hint of a problem, I connect direct to the USB port via a known good adapter, and turn the serial port speed (baud rate) way down to give it the benefit of any doubt. Not had a failure since.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

To avoid wearing out usb sockets on modules, try the little magnetic plugs available on amazon etc. You only have to wave the cable end close to the module and they link up like magic with no wear. Most usb types are provided for.