Annex Toolkit multi platform beta version

All that relates to the Annex Toolkit Utility
Electroguard

Re: Annex Toolkit multi platform beta version

Post by Electroguard »

I'm unable to change any of the addresses in the Config tab, but none of them seem relevant to UDP so it didn't make much sense to me anyway.
However the UDP Console does seem to be transmitting broadcasts, but not receiving any broadcasts.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:58 am I'm unable to change any of the addresses in the Config tab, but none of them seem relevant to UDP so it didn't make much sense to me anyway.
However the UDP Console does seem to be transmitting broadcasts, but not receiving any broadcasts.
I need to confirm (not really sure) but I think that the toolkit should answer on any interface (ethernet / wifi).
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Hi Robin,
I confirm that the utility can receive broadcast from all the local interfaces.
The broadcasts come from local interfaces or WiFi
It is not required to define the local IP as it answers and send on all the interfaces.
At least this is for windows, I'll check also on Linux.

Does someone else could confirm, please?
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

A nice touch would be if doing a blue button device 'read' could automatically select the appropriate device-type tab, ie: esp8266 or esp32 depending on the discovered device - not essential, but a convenience to avoid trying to flash the wrong type of device.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:51 pm A nice touch would be if doing a blue button device 'read' could automatically select the appropriate device-type tab, ie: esp8266 or esp32 depending on the discovered device - not essential, but a convenience to avoid trying to flash the wrong type of device.
Yes, it is possible even if, unfortunately, the ESPCAM will always be recognized as an EP32.

However, it is not possible to flash the wrong type of device, an error message is shown and the device is not modified
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Haha... it was seeing those error messages several times when trying to update different devices which prompted the suggestion.

Speaking of which - might it be possible for the blue button to also report what firmware version is on the device ?
It could make it quicker and easier to check which devices need upgrading without first having to connect to them via wifi.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:31 pm Haha... it was seeing those error messages several times when trying to update different devices which prompted the suggestion.

Speaking of which - might it be possible for the blue button to also report what firmware version is on the device ?
It could make it quicker and easier to check which devices need upgrading without first having to connect to them via wifi.
:D

Reporting for the version?
Yes it is possible but this should require reading back the firmware from the module which takes almost the same time as for flashing it.
The easiest is to just look in the serial terminal window just after using the blue button as the version is shown when the module restarts.
nedudgi

Post by nedudgi »

Nice enhancements. Thank You!
IMHO it would be a neat feature, if the preloaded config.ini would contain more data fields. For me is a pain, to fill the time zone fields. Maybe I am too old? :)
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:03 pm Nice enhancements. Thank You!
IMHO it would be a neat feature, if the preloaded config.ini would contain more data fields. For me is a pain, to fill the time zone fields. Maybe I am too old? :)
Yes, I'll add more elements :D
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Hi All,
this is an updated version of the toolkit, nearly ready to be terminated.
This is the version 0.6
AnnexToolKit.jar
that includes :

A new page Html Converter
image.png
A new page IP Scan
image.png
A modified UDP page
image.png
A modified config.ini page
image.png
It includes also :
The auto tab selection when using the blue "Read Module Info"

Simply download the .jar file and replace the previous one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.