Annex Toolkit multi platform beta version

All that relates to the Annex Toolkit Utility
douglasp

Re: Annex Toolkit multi platform beta version

Post by douglasp »

Hi cicciocb,

Had the ToolKit working fine under Linux Mint 20.3 but when I upgraded to Linux Mint 21, I get the following error messages:-

doug@GarageMint20:~/AnnexToolKit$ ./linux.sh
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.fxmisc.richtext.TextFlowExt (file:/home/doug/AnnexToolKit/AnnexToolKit.jar) to method javafx.scene.text.TextFlow.getTextLayout()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.fxmisc.richtext.TextFlowExt
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Exception in Application start method
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$2(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: javafx.fxml.LoadException:
file:/home/doug/AnnexToolKit/AnnexToolKit.jar!/AnnexToolKit/form1.fxml

at javafx.fxml/javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.constructLoadException(Unknown Source)
at javafx.fxml/javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(Unknown Source)
at javafx.fxml/javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.load(Unknown Source)
at AnnexToolKit.Main.start(Main.java:53)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$9(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$12(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$11(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication.lambda$runLoop$11(Unknown Source)
... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at com.sun.javafx.reflect.Trampoline.invoke(Unknown Source)
at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.reflect.MethodUtil.invoke(Unknown Source)
at javafx.fxml/com.sun.javafx.fxml.MethodHelper.invoke(Unknown Source)
... 18 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "AnnexToolKit.FileWatcher.getFolder()" because "this.watcher[j]" is null
at AnnexToolKit.Form1.Config_Refresh(Form1.java:838)
at AnnexToolKit.Form1.versionTabCanged(Form1.java:548)
at AnnexToolKit.Form1.initialize(Form1.java:427)
... 28 more
Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.IllegalStateException: This operation is permitted on the event thread only; currentThread = JavaFX Application Thread
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.Application.checkEventThread(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.Application.isNestedLoopRunning(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.isNestedLoopRunning(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.enterNestedEventLoop(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/javafx.stage.Stage.showAndWait(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.HeavyweightDialog.showAndWait(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.Dialog.showAndWait(Unknown Source)
at AnnexToolKit.Form1.lambda$initialize$0(Form1.java:309)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$11(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication.lambda$runLoop$11(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception running application AnnexToolKit.Main
doug@GarageMint20:~/AnnexToolKit$

Any suggestions?
Regards,
Doug.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

HI,
the real error message, extracted from the annoying list, is this one :

Code: [Local Link Removed for Guests]

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "AnnexToolKit.FileWatcher.getFolder()" because "this.watcher[j]" is null
This means that probably, if you moved the files in another folder, the content of the file path.ini is not correct anymore.
You can simply delete it and set the paths in the config page or manually edit the file

Another possibility is that the file access rights are not correct in that folder
douglasp

Post by douglasp »

cicciocb, Mate, you are a wizard :-) - it was a path issue.
Thanks and Regards,
Doug.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Well I just got my ESP32-WROVER-B thingies and I'm trying to load Annex. The port is not an issue, now it is the boot mode:

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to Espressif device: Wrong boot mode detected (0xb)! The chip needs to be in download mode.
For troubleshooting steps visit: https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... oting.html
exit_code:2

The board has two buttons, 'Boot' and 'EN' which I think are the way to get it into download mode, as per the Espressif website. But no combinations of pressing or holding seems to do the trick.

The device is obviously functioning as the serial monitor keeps reporting the local wifi setup. I have tried DIO and QIO in case it matters, and it has a good power supply independent of the USB.

As usual it will be a simple problem but it beats me.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:25 pm Well I just got my ESP32-WROVER-B thingies and I'm trying to load Annex. The port is not an issue, now it is the boot mode:

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to Espressif device: Wrong boot mode detected (0xb)! The chip needs to be in download mode.
For troubleshooting steps visit: https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... oting.html
exit_code:2

The board has two buttons, 'Boot' and 'EN' which I think are the way to get it into download mode, as per the Espressif website. But no combinations of pressing or holding seems to do the trick.

The device is obviously functioning as the serial monitor keeps reporting the local wifi setup. I have tried DIO and QIO in case it matters, and it has a good power supply independent of the USB.

As usual it will be a simple problem but it beats me.
Have you been able to solve your problem ?
The first try to do is to reduce the baudrate

Then disconnect the usb cable, hold the BOOT button and connect the cable holding the button
after that, you can start the flashing process
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Yes, solved this morning thank you. Odd though. I was using the new WROVER board plugged into a test board from which I had just removed the working WROOM. I expected it to work fine, but, as reported, it would not switch mode. Overnight I had a brainwave, that perhaps the motherboard could be affecting the WROVER board. So I removed it and had another go with it stand-alone. This time it worked. But it is not clear what could have been the problem because GPIO0 was unconnected, and the only active component on the motherboard was the tft display.

It is nice to see > 4MB of free ram.