Internet access without port forwarding?

If doesn't fit into any other category ....
GSontag

Re: Internet access without port forwarding?

Post by GSontag »

Hello all,
Sorry to be late!
In the drawing i understand that this is for moving information from LAN to WAN
With cicciocb solution i don't see where is the php server inside or outside the LAN
In all cases the security rely of the "secret words" <temp and press> if i uderstand correctly which is nearly the same as having same "secret words" plus a lengthy key when using port forwarding.

I propose to use a two phase login with a pin code sended by email or SMS (my provider let me do this at no charge) like in bank account managing.
Any comment are welcome.
Gérard
Tool Kit 1.22
Annex32 WiFi 1.43.2
Windows 10-64b
Firefox 86.0
Serial TeraTerm 4.105
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:25 pm So… to avoid incoming connections by periodically connecting outgoing to an offsite php server (which you have hosted elsewhere and always online) to send it latest data from the connecting device, and read any waiting instructions from the server back to the device ?
Yes Robin,
the idea is that is the module itself that send its information toward the web server receiving back commands at the same time.

The important point is that all the exchange will be hidden by the user connected on the web page
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:51 am Hello all,
Sorry to be late!
In the drawing i understand that this is for moving information from LAN to WAN
With cicciocb solution i don't see where is the php server inside or outside the LAN
In all cases the security rely of the "secret words" <temp and press> if i uderstand correctly which is nearly the same as having same "secret words" plus a lengthy key when using port forwarding.

I propose to use a two phase login with a pin code sended by email or SMS (my provider let me do this at no charge) like in bank account managing.
Any comment are welcome.
Gérard
Bonsoir Gérard,
the php server is on the hosted web space (your web server service, if you have one) and this do not require any port forwarding.
The advantage is that the module is never exposed to the web (for dns brute attacks, for example) and its IP (and so your home IP) will be hidden.

It is possible to implement a kind of message containing the password using email, SMS or telegram message).

I'll try to do a kind of POC (proof of concept) and will be to each user to develop its own solution