Connection to router

If doesn't fit into any other category ....
rmsta

Connection to router

Post by rmsta »

Hello,
flashed Annex32 Ver 1.43.7 on my board, all went fine.
But I am still struggling that the board gets no connection to the router via the input on the config page.
With a wifi.connect command the connection works immediately:
Bilda.jpg
Meanwhile I guess that the issue is caused by the ending of my password, which is 5+-
Is this possible ? - The work around I found is a autorun file: /start.bas :-)

P.S.: The Same password works fine on esp8266 via the config page, as there are many devices I am hesitating changing the password.
Thanks for every idea.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Electroguard

Re: Connection to router

Post by Electroguard »

Hi, it sounds like you have done all you can already.
All I can suggest is that you try changing the esp32 Config Page password to something straightforward, and temporarily change the router password to match it, then see if the esp32 device can then logon to the router from the Config Page with the simpler credentials just to prove the point.
Then revert back to your original router password so that all the other devices can still connect ok.

If that proves there is a bug with the esp32 Config Page handling of the password, then well done you for finding it, and please create a new topic to report it in 'Software Bug' so CiccioCB can look into it when he gets an opportunity.
In the meantime you already know you can get around the problem just by connecting from your autorun code instead of the Config settings.
rmsta

Re: Connection to router

Post by rmsta »

Finally I did the testing you mentioned. When omitting the special characters +- in the password, all worked as usual via the config page :-)
Also putting a + at different location seems not working.
According to my oppinion nothing really serious, you just have to know.
I will put a short notice in "Software Bug"
Rainer