i made it

If doesn't fit into any other category ....
RonS

Re: i made it

Post by RonS »

The ESP32 Cam + MB Board fits wonderfully into a case for an action cam,
on the left I have accommodated a power supply unit 220V AC to 5Volt DC.
so direct connection to a 220V socket possible
Do some foam pad over it and it fits
DSCN0489.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Modules : 3xESP32-Cam MB (Chip"DM ESP32 S" ),AI-Thinker Audio Kit (ES8388), ESP32 Dev Kit with Display
RonS

Project im working on

Post by RonS »

the basics are done..
the problem was to bridge the wlan distance about 20 meters ,so i chose the NAT Router ( github Martin _ger bin's) as an switch, the reachable distance with this Router is about 10 meters plus 5 meters cam to Router and 5 meters PC to Router
so i can control the cams and at the same time i see them at a tft monitor in my living room

so many work ist to do to finish this projekt but i have fun

if somebody know a simplier solution lets me know
is some similar as the NAT Router from Martin_ger possible in annex basic ? im surching so many hours to find a solution to bridge the distace an found only this
this NAT Router is an perfekt WLAN Repeater too, the distance is impressive
Projekt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Modules : 3xESP32-Cam MB (Chip"DM ESP32 S" ),AI-Thinker Audio Kit (ES8388), ESP32 Dev Kit with Display
rmsta

Post by rmsta »

Really nice project !
I had the same issue with ESP32 CAM and the wifi range.
An external antenna via the IPEX connector solved all problems. The module then could bridge more than 20m in the building.
There is an resistor on board selecting the desired antenna. Don´t forget to resolder it, before using an external antenna.
Look at one of the numerous tutorials available. E.g. https://randomnerdtutorials.com/esp32-c ... l-antenna/

Rainer
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

Hi RonS
Please keep in mind that the ESP32 is very limited in the number of network connections.
One camera stream is certainly ok. A second one at the same time might be ok if there are no other connections to editor, wlog etc.. My experience is: more connections lead to strange problems, even reboots.

Rmsta already mentioned the antenna connection to increase the range and reliability of the connection. I did some experiments with external antennas and with a simple DIY solution: https://peterneufeld.wordpress.com/2021 ... ification/ and [Local Link Removed for Guests]

My "one-wire" solution helped me mount the ESPcam in a previously not-so-well WiFI-served location.

Good luck!
AndyGadget

Post by AndyGadget »

Ah yes, that's jogged my memory. I've had some ESP32-CAM boards with the 'resistor' in the external antenna position. The resistor is actually a zero ohm link, so you just need to remove it and bridge the pads the other way, as per rmsta's linked article. That will get you the standard on-board antenna range but adding an external antenna (with the correct link position) will considerably increase the range.

I've used this sort of antenna with good results. Much easier to accommodate in a project then the full moulded plastic type. Just have the last 2 inches poking out a hole in the bottom of the case.

(If you can't see the link, it's listed as a replacement frsky / futaba 2.4GHz antenna.)

Just a final thought; You can also get connection problems of you're debugging your project sitting too close to the router. The strong signal can swamp the RF input of the ESP32 causing connection fails and dropouts.
RonS

Post by RonS »

many thanks for the hints

So far I've had a TP Link Re450 as a repeater, but compared to the esp, the TP Link is only for the garbage - I've always had problems with the range here, maybe because of the thick walls.
I saw Martin's idea with the antenna. is that an air coupling? I will use it if necessary - of course I have supplemented the modules where possible with an extra antenna with a lot of db :))

at the moment i am working on the html output and i was happy to get the first stream firmly in place.. but now my browser says after a short time "it has no more memory"",,, scratch my head, all new territory for me
but i remember seeing a command somewhere that solves this problem--> looking

have a nice evening
Ron
DSCN0494.JPG
RonS

Post by RonS »

meanwhile I no longer notice whether I am on the Internet via the NAT router or via my Speed Port.. that works very well
a picture of the last steps :)
Opera Momentaufnahme_2023-04-06_021025_192.168.4.7.png